The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

That looks like a good start on day 1. Just keep up the detrumpification efforts.

8 Likes

Biden says his advisers will lead with ‘science and truth’ - ABC News (go.com)

Wait, is that actually allowed? I have forgotten what that was like!

10 Likes

I guess this is as good a place as any to post:

8 Likes

That was fast. Nice job whoever was on top of this one!

12 Likes
13 Likes

Detrumpification will be neither quick nor easy, but progress is being made and I like it.

9 Likes

It’s been less than a day, I know, but so far, Biden is doing a great job of not being Trump.

Wait, let me check…yep, still not Trump. So far, so good.

12 Likes

Play nice Trumpsters. Uncle Joe isn’t speaking malarkey on this stuff.

7 Likes

Joe Biden has gone through the Bible and crossed out all the passages of which he disapproves, so now the only thing that is in there at all is the passage where the prophet Elisha tells some bears to maul 42 young boys for calling him an “old baldhead.”

From the comments following the article:

6 Likes

Why Biden did what he did in his first few hours. Beau is on it.

8 Likes

Caught a clip of Fauci talking about what it’s like working in an administration where he can talk about science without worrying about the political repercussions from the White House.

The look on his face reminded me of when Harry Potter gave Dobby the House Elf a sock.

9 Likes
4 Likes

Yeah, I winced aloud at that one myself.

And then I enjoyed all the silent shade Lady Gaga was throwing at Pence while belting it the fuck out, (and say that even though I don’t even care about the national anthem, other than to never stand up for it.)

5 Likes

At least “This Land is Your Land” was written by someone who was generally on the right side of history.

The same cannot be said for “The Star Spangled Banner.” Fuck Francis Scott Key.

13 Likes

Though having it sung by a woman of Puerto Rican heritage has an inclusive symbolic message. Especially as most people with that heritage also have Native and Black ancestry.

7 Likes

Tell that to an indigenous person who objects to it being sung on inauguration day.

Oh wait, better yet, maybe don’t, yeah?

Okay - I will express my opinion as a person of Puerto Rican heritage.

Why don’t you go tell someone of Puerto Rican heritage- oh - you did.

6 Likes

Sorry. I hardly know what to say, except apologize, being neither indigenous nor Puerto Rican. I certainly welcome your guidance on that, if you’re willing.

I just didn’t like that excuses were immediately made for the use of that song after I posted a piece about indigenous objections to its ironic inclusion in the inauguration of a president who’s all about embracing diversity. It’s all too common to hear minority objections smoothed into erasure with such “Yeah, but at least this or that” followups. My apologies also for not explaining that more fully.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, some good news from Capitol…

15 Likes

This cold be fun!

Exclusive: Biden aides launch review with eye to shutting Guantanamo prison - White House (aol.com)

5 Likes