The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

I don’t know if any of Biden’s appointees were directly involved in greenlighting this investigation but it’s not every day the FBI raids the headquarters of a police union. Should be interesting to see how this pans out.

12 Likes

I particularly like the coin, because it also has the advantage of providing future archaeologists with tangible artifacts of how completely insane politics in the American Republic ended up.

14 Likes
11 Likes
11 Likes

Well Mullins agreed to step down from his position. The board knows it’s bad it seems.

7 Likes

I’m thinking that beyond the insurrection issues - it’s the Feds involved in a Union in NY. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was dipping into the members funds going on.

Do they manage the health & welfare funds for their members? Pension?

6 Likes

You’re making me think that it’s great if the feds are rooting out corruption in that union, but that would also have a bad side effect of confirming the canard that unions suck because they’re (supposedly) corrupt.

Not that corruption shouldn’t be rooted out, of course.

9 Likes

There’s criminals in every group of people.

7 Likes

Sure, obviously. Why just this morning, as a member of the “drivers” group, I failed to come to a complete halt at a Stop sign. :scream:

6 Likes
4 Likes

7 Likes

Oh, that was you! :wink:

3 Likes
7 Likes

It’s a trap!

He’s counting on the Dems not being able to get their shit together before the deadline to block a trumpian cock block.

(He’s right.)

6 Likes

progressives should front load all the benefits to the first four years rather than stretching them out over 10. Make extension of community college child care, family leave, etc. an issue for the 2024 election, and dare GOP to vote to cut those benefits."

13 Likes

Why the hell is Biden being so slow with this?

Anxiety is rising among Democrats as President Joe Biden marks nearly nine months in office without naming anyone to serve on the Federal Communications Commission — a lapse that could soon put Republicans in the majority at the agency.

It also puts Biden’s broadband goals at risk, his party says.

Congressional Democrats have been sounding the alarm for months, fearing a squandered year on the president’s progressive priorities, such as reinstating net neutrality rules and demanding greater transparency on internet billing. By comparison, former President Donald Trump named Ajit Pai as his FCC chair just three days after being sworn in, and the commission’s Republicans were rolling back net neutrality by December 2017.

Biden’s delay is historic: No previous president has waited this long to name a chair of the five-member body. The closest parallels are Jimmy Carter and Richard Nixon, who waited until mid-September to name their agency chiefs. But Biden has blown past that deadline, alarming Capitol Hill Democrats who have few legislative days remaining this year for confirming any nominees the president might offer.

The White House didn’t respond to a request for comment about the delay.

9 Likes

Almost like it was a plan. Getting really tired of the ineffective.

5 Likes

Too much douchebaggery here to summarize - but Manchin should be pilloried in his own state for this alone:

“ In particular, Manchin raised concerns over the proposed expansion of Medicare to include dental, vision and hearing coverage – something that Sen. Bernie Sanders, the Vermont independent, has contended is a red line for him and other progressives.”

Fucking granny starver.

13 Likes
14 Likes

Maybe Manchin and Biden aren’t exactly enemies after all?

7 Likes