The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

I’m not certain if this is a good place to put this, apologies if it’s not, but this is really ticking me off and I can’t find anyone talking about it here or elsewhere.

Why has this narrative turned into a conversation about the use of horses, and the Biden administration remedy apparently to get rid of the horses? The border patrol has been running down humans with atvs, dirt bikes, trucks, and etc for a long time now. I just feel this conversation has really been missing the mark, like, everywhere.

8 Likes

I would say it’s because the U.S. has a particularly shameful history of running down certain humans with horses (and dogs).

But you’re absolutely right: it’s the running humans down, not the vehicle, that matters.

10 Likes

I would add that as with so many other phenomena, it’s bad optics we end up caring about, not actual (and more horrific) realities.

10 Likes
8 Likes

Child Tax Credit to be chopped? How Dems help to lose Georgia and or Colorado…

“Ever since Democrats won two seats in Georgia in January giving the party a Senate majority, Democratic Sens. Cory Booker of New Jersey, Michael Bennet of Colorado and Sherrod Brown of Ohio had been lobbying the Biden transition team and then administration to expand the child tax credit and make it fully refundable to ensure the lowest income Americans would receive the benefit.”

“From the time those guys won in Georgia, this was our main raison d’etre,” Booker told CNN in an interview."

5 Likes

Mint the damn coin!!!

10 Likes

Kicking the can and setting themselves up for a problem at Christmas time.

8 Likes

Was there anything else they could’ve done, given Man Chin and Cinema?

(Sort of a rhetorical q, sort of not…)

6 Likes

The Pres could mint the coin. And the debt ceiling isn’t in the Constitution. Stop this ridiculous time wasting kabuki every year and eliminate it.

This is for expenditures already approved by a Congressional vote. It doesn’t need to be approved twice. Just so Republicans can get a second opportunity to eliminate good things.

12 Likes

But don’t you see, for the sake of some nebulous thing I like to call National Unity, we would simply HAVE to get 20% of Republican senators to go along with any of that. You really should stop dreaming!

–Joey the Man Chin

8 Likes
7 Likes

8 Likes

They seem to so rarely step down before they must.

RBG was cool, but i wish she’d let Obama replace her.

7 Likes

Especially with Justice Beer-O’Clock showing up to the Court with COVID. Yeesh.

9 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

But then there’s the Senate… :frowning_face:

6 Likes
3 Likes
10 Likes

Okaaaaay, but as that article notes, finally, at the very end:

Democrats have just 50 votes in the Senate, and any effort to change the filibuster would require the entire bloc’s support, including moderate Sens. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) and Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.).

:woman_shrugging:

I’ve long wondered if Biden can exert any sort of leverage at all against those two. Fingers crossed that he can, and will soon.

11 Likes

9 Likes

Uncle Joe has several options should the Congress abandon their responsibilities and not act on the debt ceiling.

“ There are at least four available to Biden, each with their own advantages and disadvantages:

• Minting super-high-value coins to fund the government
  • Invoking the 14th Amendment to nullify the debt ceiling
  • Issuing more debt as the “least illegal” option available to the Treasury
  • Creating a new class of bond to fund the government while it cannot issue Treasury bonds

Each of these actions would effectively make the debt ceiling law a dead letter. Congress (or a minority thereof) would no longer be able to threaten default as a means of extracting concessions from the president, and the single biggest source of inter-branch conflict in the federal government would cease to exist.”

He needs to get comfortable with one of them. He’s going to have to use one if things keep going this way. Hell - maybe saying that one is an option would break the logjam and allow them to stop delaying working on the infrastructure bills.

They’re going to whine and moan whatever he does- he may as well look like a leader - that he has real power and is going to use it. Looks better to the voters and puts the assholes on notice. Make them look weak, ineffectual and on the defensive.

14 Likes