The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

That’s a lot of tacos.

7 Likes

Wat? You mean he lied??

2 Likes

Another phase in life’s grand pageant.

2 Likes

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/30/g20-leaders-endorse-biden-global-minimum-corporate-tax

10 Likes
8 Likes

No kilt? The shame.

9 Likes

“It’s all in perfect working order.”

I guess that depends on the use you’re planning for it.

1 Like

(It’s the punchline to the joke “What’s worn under the kilt?”)

A vulva?

3 Likes

(“What’s worn under the kilt? Nothing: it’s all in perfect working order.” Polysemy on “to wear” (to wear an item of clothing vs to wear out a mechanical part). I had to explain it, therefore it was a bad joke. I’m sorry.)

1 Like

10 Likes

Merkley:\

“Black Lives Matter. Here in the halls of Congress, it is important that we not just speak and believe these words, but put them into action in the decisions we make. I have carefully considered Mayor Emanuel’s record—and the input of civil rights leaders, criminal justice experts, and local elected officials who have reached out to the Senate to weigh in—and I have reached the decision that I cannot support his nomination to serve as a U.S. Ambassador. While I respect Mayor Emanuel’s many years of service, and the points of view of my colleagues who have come to a different conclusion, I will be voting ‘no’ when his nomination comes before the committee.”
Nicer than it should be, but Merkley’s a nice guy.”

Markey a no, too.”

5 Likes

I was really skeptical of Merkley when he first ran for Senate but he’s turned out to be a good counterpart to Wyden. Jeff focuses more on social justice while Ron puts more energy into environmental efforts, but the composite really works well together.

5 Likes

“ One plaintiff was Helen Thornton, who was denied Social Security survivor benefits after her partner of 27 years passed away in 2006.

U.S. District Judge James Robart of Seattle ordered the SSA to give Thornton the survivor benefits, saying that denying her the benefits violates her constitutional due process and equal protection rights.

The judge recommended a nationwide order requiring SSA to reconsider claims for survivor benefits and to stop denying survivor benefits to same-sex partners just because they couldn’t legally get married in the past.

The Trump SSA argued that the ban on benefits for same-sex couples who weren’t officially married before marriage equality was legal “reduces the risk of fraudulent marriages.”

But Judge Robart said that the SSA can’t use Washington’s ban on same-sex marriage to deny people benefits, calling the marriage ban “an unconstitutional law that discriminated on the basis of sexual orientation.”

11 Likes

“Democrats saw the Durham probe as politically motivated, but the Biden administration has not stopped it.”

6 Likes

So the government already knew about the pee tape.

6 Likes

Shit like this is why they are losing.

11 Likes

alien gray big head exactly

Every single time, and they never learn. They’re always promising us the moon, the sun, and the stars during the campaign, then once they get elected, we might get a golfball-sized chunk of coal. Every damn time, they waffle and backpedal and compromise instead of fighting like hell, and promptly berate us for being ungrateful and unrealistic for getting crumbs when they vowed we’d receive cake.

Since my state’s a battleground state, I’m forced to vote strategically, to keep the Republicans out of power as much as possible. But I’m coming to resent that necessity more and more, and if there was any viable alternative I’d never* vote Democratic again.

*Unless I really liked a particular candidate.

9 Likes

Shit like this is why they are losing.

Or, “shit like this is how Manchin is sabatoging his own party”?

(Sinema too, though I don’t what part she’s played in those specific issues.)

9 Likes