The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

7 Likes

A bit of fluff for a pretty heavy thread
Presidential Cat Willow is not having issues adjusting to the white house. I do not find this surprising for a cat that invited herself onto the stage during a speech by Dr. Biden

NPR: Meet Willow, the Bidens’ new, very presidential-looking cat.

10 Likes
7 Likes

Some of this is “it’s always the voters/volunteers fault”

Who’s organizing this at the DNC? I don’t see any structure to focus on these other races.

7 Likes

Looked and looked for DNC organized protests/support marches for the Voting Rights Bill here in NoVa, still looking days after its defeat…

Seriously it was a sad f’king response on the streets. Maybe it was too cold for coffee sipping NPR Dems.

7 Likes

Why is there an assumption that that money came from the DNC?

The state committees organize those efforts, and it looks like they’re focused on some of the issues Carville is carping about:
https://www.ssdc-wi.org/our-caucus

He’s right that voters should volunteer and promote focus on local issues as well as national ones, but this “they’re not doing anything” narrative needs to die in a fire. It’s never been true, and it smacks of the same attitude behind comments like, “Why hasn’t Biden fixed [fill in the blank]?”

8 Likes
10 Likes

The government says it will preserve patient benefits while experimenting with new ways to “produce value and high quality health care.”

Angry Ron Swanson GIF

11 Likes
7 Likes

I’m having a flashback to how the minimum drinking age was changed under Reagan. Could state access to infrastructure funds be tied to mask mandate compliance? :thinking: Would that be wrong? Asking for a friend… :mask:

8 Likes

Biden Pledges to ‘End Cancer as We Know It,’ Lower Death Rate by 50% Over Next 25 Years

Not that I’m in any way against this, but the first thing that popped up in my head was this:

TmVjlmd

10 Likes
10 Likes

read the whole thread, as the kids say.

Atrios at 16:10

4 Likes

It’s one big club, and we ain’t in it.

15 Likes

Yeah, that doesn’t sound entirely promising.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s literally the opposite direction that people who voted for him wanted him to go…

4 Likes

Like having a xmas tree die and watching it drop its needles one by one…

9 Likes
10 Likes
6 Likes

Hmmmm,

Politicians being inconsistent. Who woulda guessed? Sigh…

7 Likes