The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

Did Joe just get Mexico to pay for a wall??

7 Likes

More like a bridge than a wall from the sounds of it.

5 Likes

Oh c’mon, Joe. I understand the need for maintaining diplomatic relations with really bad regimes but this is a case study in terrible optics.

13 Likes

A grace to praise:

12 Likes
18 Likes

Very graceful, Mr. President!

World Cup Love GIF by Molang

8 Likes

So is this an admission of guilt, using the word “also?”

4 Likes

The depraved things American Presidents will do in the hopes of lowering the cost of gasoline are truly incredible.

6 Likes

More on this…

Apparently, some news outlets are claiming he was rejected because Rand Paul refused to sign off on it (which is apparently common when it’s a judicial appointment for their home state). They do not give a reason why Paul would not sign off, but I’m guessing it’s because it represented a compromise with Biden.

13 Likes

Another grace to praise?

Fresh off the Federal Trade Commission’s successful challenges to four hospital mergers, the Biden administration’s new majority on the commission is primed to more aggressively combat consolidation in the health care industry than it has in past years.

Although hospital mergers were supposed to improve cost efficiency, experts agree that the creation of huge conglomerates and hospital networks has driven up U.S. medical costs, which are by far the highest in the world. Many enjoy near-monopoly pricing power.

That sounds good to me! But then the next paragraph says:

Last year, President Joe Biden ordered the FTC and other federal agencies to promote market competition in health care and other industries.

which made me go

:person_facepalming:

and reminded me of this:

13 Likes

Well, at least they are pushing back on late-stage capitalism in healthcare in favor of mid-stage capitalism? The consolidation of hospitals has really gotten to be very bad. Some health systems have expanded just to survive. Small hospital networks and large solo hospitals just can’t fight off the behemoths.

This may seem unimportant, but if we want to progress to single-payer healthcare, we can’t have mega-hospital-groups. The consolidation would yield hospital networks that are that much more difficult to fight in congress.

8 Likes

He deserves boatloads of personal consequences.

13 Likes

As democracy is challenged, “Black America is better off than it was 18 months ago,” according to Morial, the self-described O.G. of politics and civil rights. He believes, “with people like [Housing and Urban Development Secretary] Marcia Fudge, with Don Cravins Jr. going to MBDA [Minority Business Development Agency], with the expansion of programs at the SBA [Small Business Administration], that this administration in 18 months has put more stakes in the ground than any prior administration, at least in my history, in my career.”

6 Likes

Suppose it was inevitable.

9 Likes

Paxlovid works a treat. Fairly unpleasant side-effects but it does the job!

9 Likes

For older folks like Biden that certainly seems to be true. A lot less evidence for efficacy among younger, vaccinated folks.

6 Likes

And the police unions will still vote gQp.

7 Likes
7 Likes
12 Likes

Angry Hate GIF

8 Likes