The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

President Joe Biden will give a primetime speech Thursday from outside Independence Hall, warning about threats to democracy, as he makes a swing of appearances to boost Democrats with roughly two months until the midterm election.

-Trump is coming to Wilkes-Barre. He would never set foot in Philly. Not a warm welcome.

11 Likes

Well, that got me right in the heart.

6 Likes

U.S. government sues Idaho data company it says tracks people at abortion clinics

The suit appeared to be the first of its kind filed by the Federal Trade Commission since the Supreme Court’s ruling in June overturning Roe v. Wade.

12 Likes

Real progress to improve data privacy for consumers will not be reached through flamboyant press releases and frivolous litigation,” Brian Cox, general manager of the company’s online data marketplace known as the Kochava Collective, said in a statement.

Cox accused the FTC of spreading “misinformation” about data privacy and circumventing Congress, which is weighing a federal data protection law. He said, though, that the company was open to settlement talks if they resulted in “effective solutions.”

Way to undermine your own argument jerkface. Can’t be frivolous if there is a problem that can be solved through settlement.

Cox said in his statement that the company was now in the process of voluntarily implementing a new tool to block location data from sensitive locations.

Yep. He knows they dun fucked up. Too little too late. I hope the FTC sues them into the ground

8 Likes

23 years on the debt treadmill. None of these should extend that long.

18 Likes

I have two kids in College. My wife is still paying off the portion of her own college bills that her GI Bill didn’t cover. What a racket.

15 Likes

There are virtually no primary care physicians coming into the profession these days (by that, I mean far below replacement level, not actual zero, before the pedants get me) largely due to carrying over $300k in student debt, which makes taking a job that usually starts around $150k not an option. When I finished med school in the stone age, I had $37k in debt and thought that was pretty horrible, but not enough to affect my choice of specialty. $300k? Oh hell yes. That makes surgical subspecialties, dermatology, ophthalmology enormously more attractive. My niece’s SO is finishing a surgical fellowship and already has offers for $800k, but figures to make a good bit more than that. Yup, there is a reason.

17 Likes

Yes, there’s a couple of really nice Zorn and Sargent paintings, but boy, those George Peter Alexander Healy stand as monuments to great painting. No wonder he was popular among the presidents of the time.

I also looove the painting of Grace Coolidge. So sophisticated and fashion forward for the period!

10 Likes

I wonder how that person got that much forgiven, when the recent cancelation is only for 10 or 20 thousand?

5 Likes
7 Likes

Ah, thanks. So a program started in 2007 that has nothing to do with the Biden Administration. Got it.

4 Likes

Don’t know much about this program specifically, but I think the Biden administration has gotten some of these older programs to work as they were intended. So, the B.A. may deserve some of the credit.

8 Likes

Based

11 Likes

Quite a lot of the credit, actually. Prior to Biden DOE changing the rules and reading the riot act to fedloan (servicer for these loans) there were approximately 7,000 loans forgiven. I did everything right and mine still wasn’t forgiven. After Biden’s DOe got done, over 175,000 people got their loans forgiven. FedLoan was still jerking me around. Claiming in November of 2021 the DOE hasn’t formally given fedloan the new rules. I complained the DOE. 3 weeks later I get notice mine were forgiven.

Cannot overstate how much of a difference the rules change and the DOE cracking down on the loan company meant.

11 Likes

It’s a start, but it would be nice if they would address hate-fueled state violence against trans people as well.

edit: Oops, I suppose my comment makes more sense with the added link.

9 Likes

More details on what was covered are in the article below. The points about social media companies are encouraging, because that’s where a lot of the violent rhetoric, recruiting, and coordination between hate groups increases:

8 Likes

The president is talking at the UN right now… not sure how much longer he’ll be up there…

7 Likes
17 Likes

Keep at it, Whitehouse Twitter!

13 Likes

Get that up just a smidge more - over 50% - and the mid terms look much better!

12 Likes