The Biden Administration. Document the atrocities - Praise the graces

12 Likes

Another Democrat (putative party of the people) who openly declares his love for capitalism. No wonder Biden hired him. :angry:

9 Likes

Time to finish this, Joe. It’ll piss off the Republicans besides being the right thing to do. It’s a twofer.

16 Likes

Brakes slow down trains, but we want trains to go fast. It’s so simple folks. /S

5 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

Archive link for those encountering the NYT paywall
https://archive.ph/Tz1WG

6 Likes

The Palestinian-backed draft resolution was the subject of frantic talks by senior Biden administration officials including Secretary of States Antony Blinken with Palestinian, Israeli and United Arab Emirates leaders. Those discussions culminated in a deal Sunday to forego it in favor of a weaker presidential statement that is not legally binding, according to multiple diplomats familiar with the situation.

2 Likes

No surprise there. Disgustingly enough.

4 Likes

Some of the optics could’ve been better.

3 Likes

Out-of-context snapshots aren’t much of a gotcha. And going in person to meet with Zelensky is both good optics and good politics.

Now if we can just get Biden to do the same with Yemen and the Palestinians…

No, I won’t hold my breath…

12 Likes

It’s nice to see that the young man has a good role model.

13 Likes

Seems like he’s kind of mocking a president of a country in an active war zone there… I’m not mad at Zelensky for not dressing up for the event, and I’m not sure why it’s mock worthy, honestly?

I think I said in another thread, that these things are always kind of weird and awkward, even when everyone is in their sunday best. It’s the formality that I think is really weird, not the clothing.

8 Likes

Yeah. As I said, what interested me is that the optics mightve been thought out better.

As for mockery of them, these two guys are just humans, not gods. I think they’d be okay with a bit of ribbing about less than perfect optics.

6 Likes

Sure… Might have gone better mocking gramps rather than the guy who easily could have fled the country but decided to stay despite the risks to him and his family. :woman_shrugging: Biden was doing his smoozy bit the whole time he was there… I find that far funnier to mock…

Of course Zelensky is himself a comic, so I’m sure he’s aware of what people can make of him, as he used to do the same.

8 Likes

jane levy salute GIF

6 Likes

Zelenskyy probably doesn’t have access to the kind of stylish, bespoke bulletproof suits that Uncle Joe does.

9 Likes

luke-cage-bullets

8 Likes

Yeah for me I’m not really sure what is so bad about how it looks, I feel like the commentary is putting a really heavy and ironic read on it based on their ages.

But they are different kinds of leaders under different circumstances brought together by war… or that’s how the picture reads to me…

8 Likes
6 Likes