The Boss endorses Kamala Harris, repudiates Donald Trump

Full service gas stations.

11 Likes

That’s where Lara Trump comes in.

10 Likes
18 Likes

It’s an interesting counterpoint to have Springsteen’s comments vs. Elno joining Trump for his upcoming Assassination-Fest rally in Butler.

7 Likes

A visit to Ellis Island can remind, or educate, people about the true strength of America - our varied peoples who live here because of the opportunity that our country offered the world. The human stories of what people worldwide were willing to endure in order to live in America shows the message that we historically delivered. Their success in making our country stronger shows the truth of how immigration built us into a powerhouse of ideas and humanity. The USA is imperfect, our history is checkered and should be learned from. But the number of people who still want to move here and make an inclusive country shows we haven’t lost it all our goodness, and we can still be engines of an optimistic future.

11 Likes

I’m from Detroit and have absolutely no qualms re: anyone’s offending either of that pair of smelly and offensive AF individuals.

13 Likes

Jug handle turns.

5 Likes

You guys also have Motown and Iggy Pop. So it’s not like those losers represent the breadth of Detroit’s musical legacy.

11 Likes

this-is-so-correct
We have, fortunately, always had more great music than crummy.

11 Likes

Excrement only comes in the one flavor.
Their whole team shares many of the same idiosyncrasies, tastes, and bankrupt ideology. Almost like they all abandoned reality and facts to join the same cult…

8 Likes

Some of us prefer the greasy spoon to the diner, but regardless, I gotta say I’m with the Boss on this one.

6 Likes

And Techno!

6 Likes

There you go! A lot more good people who made the legacy of Detroit music besides those two.

5 Likes

5 Likes

1b2f3236c544eb78ab924cca864d486c-215411222

3 Likes

Did not know that. Cool!
In all fairness, my exposure to ICP mostly comes from Nathan Rabin’s Happy Place blog

And that episode of Z Nation which was obviously written for a character who left the show a season prior.

1 Like

Then I will leave you with these pics of Ellis Island that I took from the Staten Island Ferry

7 Likes

Also Mick Collins, he of Dirtbombs fame, and his earlier group, The Gories!

“I don’t know what you’ve got/But baby, you’ve got what it takes!”

“I love it more than I love you…”

3 Likes

Start the 2nd vid as soon as the 1st one ends, for the flow, maaaan.

Steam instead of that maaaassive hit from The Secret Tapes of Dr Eich, Throw? Sacrilege? Nah, it’s just that Steam is unusual and underappreciated.

Welcome Center is one of the weirdest opening tracks eVAr, and TSTODE also ends w/a bizarre track: ten solid minutes of a field recording of Mr Craig’s neighborhood’s ambient sounds.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.