The Boston Dynamics bipedal robot can run now

And the popup ad right below the article starts “The next cyberattack is coming…”

11 Likes

Peace in our time.

7 Likes

Maybe not as fast as me but I bet he can keep running for longer.

6 Likes

I’ve recovered footage of Boston Dynamics’ 2035 model; seen here conducting peace operations.

5 Likes

Wow, they sure have come a long way with these in a very short amount of time.
Impressive.
I wounder if they have created a DARPA initiative yet.

1 Like

This remains the best (and in this context, also most relevant) Inspirbot image I’ve generated yet:

10 Likes

It’s a little slow jumping over that log. It needs to work on its Parkour a bit.

19 Likes

Yeah, but it has terrible posture.

Your shoe’s untied.

12 Likes

I doesn’t matter. It won’t get tired. We’re f***ed.

6 Likes

Interesting technique on the jump. The followthrough with the arms is before the jump, the knees lowered to almost touch the ground. I wonder if it would topple over if it did it differently.

1 Like

Why are humans manifesting our own obsolesence?

7 Likes

People will die, so people have children. Humanity will die, so why can’t we have a say in what comes after?

3 Likes

-protect-and-serve-

(#fallout4)

4 Likes

if there’s one thing that might unite humanity, it’s possibly being the architects of our own extinction.

on second thought, we invented nukes, and here we are. hmm.

5 Likes

Blows my mind.

imagehttp://78.media.tumblr.com/d716855d51734aceebaf369dec7c7d8a/tumblr_p55ddz47NY1wzvt9qo1_1280.gif

7 Likes

Can’t tell if sarcasm, so…
https://www.darpa.mil/about-us/timeline/debut-atlas-robot

Combining this with the Google Duplex demo

And I think we’re looking at:

3 Likes

humanoid robot
robo sapiens

10 Likes

I wonder how long that battery pack lasts.

Boston Dynamics used to demo their robots with a power cable. The latest ones seem to go without, but I haven’t heard anything about duration of a charge, and there seem to be a lot of moving parts.

7 Likes