#BowlingGreenMassacre is Trump spokesliar Kellyanne Conway's latest 'alternative fact'

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/02/bowlinggreenmassacre.html

9 Likes

We will continue to have these problems as long as the mainstream media continues to not cover things that don’t happen. (And this is an ever-growing issue, since more things don’t happen every minute of every day.)

64 Likes

Ursula K. Le Guin wrote a letter to the Oregonian about Kellyanne Conjob’s “alternative facts” line. it is as awesome as you would expect.
http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2017/02/ursula_leguin_on_fiction_vs_al.html

44 Likes

My dear friend is the head of the CNN research center (yes, CNN still employs librarians because we can find ANYTHING) and is thus responsible for fact checking. She thought she had it bad, but dear god, I don’t want to be her right now.

55 Likes

It’s like they can’t stop lying. Like children caught in lies. Like preteens bullshitting about knowing kung fu.

41 Likes
26 Likes

sounds suspiciously like you know about such bs …

3 Likes

Didn’t everyone lie about being cool in middle school?

12 Likes

Um, no. I was wearing my angora Unicorn sweater, which was killer, thank you very much.

33 Likes

And I spent the summer ranching bison in Wyoming! Had a girlfriend from Canada and everything.

30 Likes

My boyfriend dumped me for a girl in Canada that exact same summer. This seems too convenient.

37 Likes

Well SOMEONE has to protect the country from all these swarms of giant goddamn bats.

35 Likes

#JeSuisBowlingGreen

21 Likes

Bats? I can deal with bats. But spiders? No, thank you very much. Icky.

4 Likes

Ever since Trump rose to prominence in the Republican primaries, I’ve been feeling like someone who woke up in one of those sci-fi alternative history narratives where the Nazis won WWII. But now I get it - a bunch of Americans have bled through from another dimension, where things that aren’t real in this one are true there. And even though all the many terrible problems that exist in their reality don’t exist in this one, they’re still really angry we, in our ignorance, are not acknowledging them. There’s no other explanation.

41 Likes

If giant goddamn bats did not exist, it would be necessary to invent them.

29 Likes

Just one other suggestion for how we ended up in this mess: Purposeful ignorance, as easy as ignoring a yellow star stitched to a sleeve. How easy it is to deny pain of others if one remains obtuse. It’s a choice we all have: Be informed, look at at least three news sources a day. I do. I look at CNN, Huffington Post and Fox News every single morning. I need to see how they have represented the news of the day. It’s easy, it’s a click away. And most of us don’t do it.

29 Likes

The thinnys would explain a helluva lot.

I know it sure as hell seems like the FAUXTUS and his cabinet are real life members of the Sombra Corporation, trying to break the Beams and kill the Rose

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/13707197_1731689630418929_705461668_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTI5ODcwOTY3MDc2MDY2NjQ0OA%3D%3D.2

11 Likes

I just can’t wait til we can finally bring to justice all those responsible for the terrible massacre at Alice’s Restaurant.

38 Likes

Your friend has my sympathy!

12 Likes