The British government has published the Operation Yellowhammer brexit document

and Paragraph 15 has been redacted in it’s entirety

What are the government covering up now?

4 Likes

Nothing important. This is just Boris going all “Look at me, I have a sharpie, too!” on us.
Or the bit about interning enemy aliens.

4 Likes

What a Sunday Times journalist says

10 Likes

You know you’re in good hands when the government starts ranking the impending doom scenarios. /s

Yikes!

6 Likes

Paragraph 15 in full

ETA:
There is speculation that it was (illegally!) redacted to try to stop panic buying and storing of fuel.

10 Likes

So we can expect a repeat of the panic buying, resultant fuel shortages, and general immobilisation of the entire country that we saw during the fuel blockades of 2000 (which we should really regard as an instance of anti-climate terrorism)

2 Likes

7 Likes

Cloud, internet biz will take a Yellowhammer to the head in ‘worst case’ no-deal Brexit

1 Like

Every time I see the word Yellowhammer, I think “getting squashed in a way that will make you pee yourself”.

2 Likes

It’s a bird that is thriving in Europe, but in danger of dying out in the UK because of lack of food.

6 Likes

There’s an area near me where “yellowhammer” is a personal insult that implies inbreeding.

Like this?

(Poor birds and other animals, they’re never as bad as the humans they’re given as metaphors for.)

2 Likes

Scaremongering!
Where’s your can-do spirit?
We survived the blitz!
We can grow our own food!
It’ll only be 6 months, tops! Everything will settle down after that… sure, there’ll be medical/food/fuel shortages, food riots when people are starving, mass lay-offs and a collapsed economy in the short term but it’s the will of the fucking people! /s

4 Likes
3 Likes

would that area be within the borders of Alabama?

I have this unpleasant suspicion that the estimate of labor relations issues causing only 1-2 weeks of disruption has more to do with the likelihood that a bunch of Tory brexiteers freed from ECHR restrictions and with a handy state of emergency would be quite enthusiastic about countermeasures that would make Thatcher look like a communist sympathizer than with expectations that people would sort out their differences in that time.

4 Likes

Watchdog: Hush-hush UK.gov blew £97m on Brexit wonks from six of the usual suspects

1 Like

Actually, it’s just outside the Chicago metro area.

1 Like

Wait, you mean inbreeding doesn’t magically stop at the mason-dixon line? Who knew! :wink:

1 Like

Now, now, I was referring to this

Hey Auburn!
Hey Auburn!
Hey Auburn!
We just beat the hell outta’ you!
Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer
Give ’em hell, Alabama!

Auburn, of course, is within the state of Alabama. They do substitute other team names for “Auburn”-- and fans of one of those frequently named teams might be inclined to return the compliment.

1 Like