The Call's 1989 "Let the Day Begin"

Originally published at: The Call's 1989 "Let the Day Begin" | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Love/loved this song, and am realizing how much southern rock is hiding behind the jangling. Off to read more about them…

3 Likes

I don’t remember hearing this one at all after Gore helped briefly revive it. I don’t think its time on the radio in ‘89 was that long either, actually.

The only thing I’d ever heard by The Call was The Walls Came Down, which got a bit of airplay here in Australia. This makes me think I could handle hearing a little more…

2 Likes

Amazing. I heard this song ONCE in late 1989 and immediately liked it. I didn’t catch the band’s name nor the title of the song and have occasionally searched but I was able to provide very few clues for Google to latch on to. And then THIS post comes along and makes 2023 for me! Thank you Jason and BoingBoing! (Or should that be “Here’s to you”??) Now that I’ve listened to it a few times it’s still just as catchy, even if some of the “blessings from above” lyrics make me arch my eyebrow (I only remembered “here’s to you” bit and the overall rhythm). Eris giveth and Eris taketh away I suppose. :smiley:

3 Likes

I love the cover Black Rebel Motorcycle Club did of this.

1 Like

Let the dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Start.

1 Like

A sleeper classic. Still have it in the '80s folder on my car thumb drive.

It never broke the Top 40, which probably accounts for its limited reach yet today. Pity.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.