The Choco Taco is dead

Originally published at: The Choco Taco is dead | Boing Boing

12 Likes

May the noodly appendages of the Flying Spaghetti Monster forever hold our friend Tomás Chocolatta Tacoléon (known publicly as “Choco Taco”), in his squishy, perfectly al dente embrace.

Ramen.

25 Likes

Despite having eaten maybe 3 of these in my entire life, I am saddened and want one now. I mean… I did enjoy those 3 that I had.

25 Likes

Me, too! I wasn’t a fanatic for them, but just knowing they were available if I ever wanted a fold of sugar cone wrapped around ice cream then dipped in chocolate was a comfort in this tumultuous world.
Kind of like knowing those pink “sno-balls” still exist at gas stations nationwide, though I don’t foresee eating one ever again.
I want to know I could.

17 Likes

Choco Taco, we hardly knew ye…

29 Likes

Finally, somebody gave us a ramen. Hallelujah.

7 Likes

Man, I’ve been looking for Choco Tacos for months every time I’ve gone to the store, I wondered what was up. Sad to hear, this was one of my favorite treats growing up, almost every time the ice cream truck would come around, this is what I’d get. Hopefully they’ll revive it one day, if distribution ever recovers.

5 Likes

Too soon… too soon…

6 Likes

In a few months, the fanfare around the reintroduction of the Choco Taco (“I scream, you scream—and we listened!”) will be over the top, as will the demand.

12 Likes

cynical me is hoping this is a marketing ploy. the announcement will cause an outcry, and then will bring it back with a big flourish, and joy will reverberate across the land.

14 Likes

thanks. heading out to buy a sno ball. damn it.

5 Likes

I’ve never had a choco taco, doubt I’d like it. From videos I’ve seen online the waffer for it wasn’t crunchy and seemed messy to eat. But then again like i said, I’ve never had it.

Either way it does seem crazy that they’re dropping a fairly well known product to meet demand elsewhere. I guess no one was buying it?

1 Like

Twinkies being discontinued in 2012 made a huge amount of news at the time, but they came back.

And now it seems like they’re intentionally trying to kill the brand again. There’s no other explanation for this abomination:

1 Like

Instead of a celebrating a landmark anniversary, I mourn. RIP delicious friend.

1 Like

From the other side of the aisle- the ratio of choco, icecream, wafer, and nuts are more evenly distributed than a Drumstick (as long as you don’t mind the softer shell).

Much like a Klondike or candy bar, lowering the wrapper as you go will decrease messiness.

6 Likes

Decades of protest at it’s discontinuation have yet to return the sublime mandarin chocolate sorbet to the Baskin Robbins production lineup. I’ve tried multiple times to recreate it at home, sometimes getting close, but no cigar.

And the BLM shall weep.

1 Like

For me it’s all about getting that delicious crunchy waffer, so cones are my jam

1 Like

As someone who thinks that the flavor of the wooden stick always ruins the frozen-treat-on-a-stick experience, I mourn the passing of the Choco Taco. I enjoy its tough, chewy shell, and will miss having this stickless option. But, like others here, I confess can’t remember the last time I ate one.

1 Like

No word on the state of the Chocodile, though I think it still has a bright future.

1 Like