The Chopula super flexible chopping sit-up spatula: a marvelous companion for culinary adventures.

Originally published at: The Chopula super flexible chopping sit-up spatula: a marvelous companion for culinary adventures. | Boing Boing

Aw man, I was hoping this was some sort of karate dracula

4 Likes

It better be available at Spatula City, otherwise I’m not buying it.

8 Likes

Another right-handed tool. If it had been slightly wider, with the handle in the middle, anyone could use it.

7 Likes

X-All-The-Y_phixr

4 Likes

They even show this misleading picture

5 Likes

To whoever at BBS wrote the copy for this spatula: I would bet my life that you had immense fun writing it.

2 Likes

I swear I didn’t look it up anywhere but the BB homepage!

3 Likes

A friend gifted me a Dreamfarm Supoon, which is similar to the Chopula, but in spoon form.

4144w9ywdbL.AC

Dreamfarm Supoon @ Amazon

This is one of the best things ever! The flexible spoon has a flat front to it, and can act as a bit of a mini-spatula if need be. The curved sides enable the contents of a bowl to be fully scraped out, with nothing left over. At first, I thought this was a bit of a novelty item, but it’s really well designed, and very practical.

1 Like

Thank you Nuke. Handedness was the first thing I looked for when I saw it.

Somewhat related: Does anyone know where I can get a bread knife that has the cutting edge serrations – the tiny scallops carved into the metal – set up mirror image from normal?

After 45 years of marriage between two lefties (and many years of spouse baking bread) we’ve worn out the one we have – which is miraculously left-handed, with its origins lost in the mists of time.

Further down the page.

3 Likes

Convenient. When my wife and I are both cooking, she has a common refrain of “fucking lefties” as I leave all the pan handles opposite the way she wants them.

2 Likes

We have a rule in our household: the only rightie is not allowed to cut the bread.

No matter what bread knife used, there’s a slight angle to the cut which is fine until someone comes along with the opposite angle and ends up with a triangle piece!

6 Likes

hecep, thanks so much for the link!!

Me in 1976, hoping to meet a partner: “Breathing, male, left-handed, likes mushrooms on pizza.” And I did meet him!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.