Our favorite spatula

[Read the post]

1 Like

My favorite spatula is Donald Trump, there I said it.

5 Likes
Our favorite spatula
Finally! I've been wondering what spatula you prefer.
9 Likes
20 Likes

Hello, this is Sy Greenblum, president of Spatula City. I like the spatulas so much, I bought the company.

11 Likes

I’m also a client!

3 Likes

YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE SPATULA!

6 Likes

4 Likes

“Plastic items are excellent gifts——precisely because they have little intrinsic value, the love and thoughtfulness of the giver stands out.” - Mark Frauenfelder

I thought my fiancee loved the plastic shoes and nylon wedding ring I got her. (facepalm)

2 Likes

After going through a dozen $1 nylon spatulas in my foolish youth that would start to break down and fray little bits of nylon into my cooking, I spent $12 on a stainless steel and silicon spatula that has lasted me literally forever. No soapy smell at the moment. Mine is kind of a boring color. (Edit: whoops… didn’t mean to type nylon again. My $12 spatula is silicon.)

Any metal $20 fish spatula or slotted spatula works excellent on my cast iron set. I agree with not buying a disposable item.

4 Likes

Yeah, but just try finding a left-handed slotted fish spatula…

3 Likes

I am 17 minutes too late, but not disappointed.

2 Likes

This just seems like it should be a “that’s what she said” joke…

3 Likes

Sounds like with your idea and my workshop, we could have a very lucrative 10 percent share of spatula sales around the globe…

2 Likes

I’m beginning to wonder if Mark should be interviewed for Private Eye’s Me and my Spoon column.

5 Likes

1) Search “A&J spatula” on eBay.
2) Look for the ones that have a vertically offset handle and whose blade is angled inward and slotted, like so:

3) You’re welcome.

1 Like

I’m very fond of my non-slotted melamine spatulas. They’re hard enough that they won’t melt if left in contact with a pan for too long, and unlike metal they won’t scratch up those non-stick coatings either. They don’t flex at all, but I don’t mind that much. The only real downside is that sometimes taking off that last bit of egg residue requires a bit of extra scrubbing.

Hopefully you don’t allow your pans to get hot and you cook everything below 160° F. Otherwise you’ll end up with the same fate of the sheep.

Would our dog love to destroy this one any less than he loves to destroy the silicone variety?

1 Like