The spatula that saved my sanity

Originally published at: The spatula that saved my sanity | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Did you get it here?

20 Likes

This is sad. You’re doing it all wrong. Ditch the nonstick. Get cast iron and stainless. Then invest in a decent Lamson turner.

5 Likes

This is the second nylon spatulagate. Like I said last time, metal handle silicon flipper spatula … will last literally 10x longer and won’t melt or fray.

2 Likes

Tongs out do spatulas for most tasks. Except flipping semi firm items (pancakes, latkes, fish, etc.). For those you want a fish spatula, nothing works better.

2 Likes

I wanted to name my high school band Spatula. We could have been big, in Japan.

6 Likes

Spatula and the Fish Slices.

(They’ll do a good cover of Flip, Flop and Fly.)

4 Likes

Mr. Linkey’s badminton “game name” is “Spatula” due to his…unique yet surprisingly effective racquet technique. :joy:

5 Likes

Welcome.
And.
Thank you for saying this.
:100:

What sane person (regardless of whether or not of childbearing age) even spends a nanosecond more cooking on that forever-chemical laced cookware?

Most thrift stores are awash in people who gave up their cast iron skillets, and they are all priced $5-10 (US) at the Goodwill (south ATX) last week.

See also:

Heck yeah!

2 Likes

I totally would - if only I knew how to clean it properly…

4 Likes

Oh dear. You’ve done it now. Cue an avalanche of advice and tutorials in 3…2…1…

3 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve rarely missed Xeni more. :heart:

5 Likes

This is the right answer.

I have one of these and it feels like an extension of my hand.

It’s my most used kitchen implement beyond my cast iron, displacing even my beloved Shun chef knife which cost 10 times as much.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.