The crowd jeers as Ivanka emerges

Originally published at: The crowd jeers as Ivanka emerges | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

22 Likes

Not a good look for someone who was just trying for a “I can’t afford a babysitter” excuse to get out of testifying.

23 Likes

hey jared can handle the kids for a couple of hours while she flies a private jet back and forth to court.

12 Likes

was really hoping to hear “LOCK THEM UP!”

12 Likes

The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor

11 Likes

Not only is she from a crime family, she married into one.

For those not up to speed on the criminal history of the president’s in-laws, in 2005, Kushner the Elder pleaded guilty to 18 counts of illegal campaign contributions, tax evasion, and witness tampering, following an investigation by then–U.S. Attorney Chris Christie. The witness-tampering charge was a result of Chuck’s decision to retaliate against his sister’s husband, William Schulder, who was cooperating with the feds, by hiring a sex worker to seduce him, filming the encounter, and sending the tape to his sister.

11 Likes

You mean the crest he stole and isn’t allowed to use in Scotland?

FWIW, I think replacing “Integritas” with “Trump” on that crest may be the single most honest thing he’s ever done.

13 Likes

Blackmail and Witness Tampering Are “Family Matters”

urkel

9 Likes

Shame

9 Likes

I had no idea. Is that why T didn’t give Christie a spot in the WH? A grudge by Kushner?

6 Likes

One of Donald’s finest pre-presidental acting roles…

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be the only time Kushner exploited his position to help his family’s real estate empire. Allegedly.

The 1.5 million-square-foot office tower acquisition came with a good amount of controversy. That was due in part to questions surrounding whether Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, leveraged his foreign policy connections to secure a bailout for the property. The Qatari government has placed investments with Brookfield, and Kushner had supported a blockade of the Middle Eastern country.

This led to some speculation that Qatar was trying to curry favor with the Trump administration by bailing out Kushner Companies’ famously troubled office building, but both Brookfield and the Qatari government have insisted the country knew nothing about the deal before it went through.

5 Likes

Not only did he steal the crest, but he jumped it up by adding that knight’s helm and the flourishes around the top. I don’t know heraldry, but I believe that greatly increases the claimed importance.

Likewise, the Wikipedia article for the Ludwig von Mises Institute used to have a crest that almost made me cough a lung. The claim was that it belonged to the von Mises family, and Ludwig kind of, sort of, gave them permission to use it. I doubt it. From the front-facing barred helm at the top, I’d guess that it was the crest of a duke who owned his lands outright, not in fiefdom. Nobody from the Austro-Hungarian Empire was likely to object, but it was ludicrous.

4 Likes

Somehow I am envisioning an editorial cartoonist making a parody crest that transforms and satires the current disarray of the family affairs.

Highlights would include:

• replacing some of the symbols with outlines of rats, signifying the co-defendants that have now flipped on him (with dotted outlines for the ones who haven’t flipped yet.)
  • depiction of their current fundraising efforts, for what they actually are
  • the “shield” redrawn as prison bars
  • weapons replaced with handcuffs
  • (I am sure more creative folks will come up with more “improvements”.)
4 Likes

She’s a piece of shit.

2 Likes

1 Like

… the knight’s helm replaced with a stumpy mushroom.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.