The DoJ is going to make Shkreli sell off his unreleased Wu-Tang and Lil Wayne albums, his Picasso and his Enigma machine

No, but I could create one if I was so inclined.

2 Likes

Didn’t Pee Wee Herman end up in jail too?

1 Like

With “deplorable” spelled like Elmer pronounces it?

Theoretically, sure.

(I’m not inclined.)

1 Like

Here ya’ go. Knock yourself out…

4 Likes

I’m betting that they could raise the 7.5 mil really quick if there was a “punch a douche for $10” stand pretty much anywhere manned by Shkreli and his infamous smirk.

1 Like

Forbes listed his net worth as $40-45 million. They’re likely screwing with him by going after his favorite toys. Unless those lawyer bills have tapped him out.

His sentencing hearing is January 16th. He should definitely stick with his strategy of telling the judge how much of a joke he thinks prison is.

For ordinary people, you go to jail, you lose everything, because all you have is your paycheck. For rich people, you go to jail, you get out and get to go back to enjoying your ill gotten gains.

Why the fuck is it not the law that if you are convicted of a crime, all your assets are forfeit? The court seizes everything, puts it in a trust to provide income to your dependents, and you never see a penny of the principal ever again.

1 Like

Well, I don’t foresee that being abused at all…

7 Likes

At least when I visited, you were allowed to operate the one at the national cryptologic museum. (although you weren’t allowed to change the wheel order or the plugboard settings. https://www.nsa.gov/about/cryptologic-heritage/museum/

1 Like

No. That’s where he gets his orders from.

3 Likes

All I need is my Wu-Tang album.
And the Picasso.
The Wu-Tang album and the Picasso, and that’s all I need…
And the Enigma machine.
The Wu-Tang album, the Picasso, the Enigma machine, and that’s all I need…
The Jerk

8 Likes

Lots of talk here about why Shkreli is a d-bag. Not so much about why he had an effective monopoly.

1 Like

You mean that prosecutors might take the amount of potential confiscations into account when deciding who and when to bring charges? Shame on you, you cranky old cynic.

Instead of re-auctioning wu tang they should make it public domain.

Also…

If they’d said it before, that’d be a top ten for getting out of jury duty.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.