The E.T. sequel that fortunately never happened

You can see pretty much exactly how it would have turned out by riding the E.T. ride at Universal Studios Florida. Most of the ride is just the story of the movie – a bike chase, etc – but after you get E.T. back to his planet, you get to visit it, and it’s taken right from Book of the Green Planet, with plants and creatures as described in the book, as well as E.T.'s teacher, Botanicus.

All this time I thought Mac and Me was the sequel.

2 Likes

At some level, that applies to George Lucas also, IMO.

Episodes 1 through 3 were the train wreck they were partly because his god-like legacy from episodes 4 through 6 assured that no one could tell him no.

Was going to mention Lucas, actually. Completely agree.

1 Like

I thought Howard the Duck was the sequel!

Apparently, Lucas is pushing for a reboot: “Someday, I hope, Marvel will make a new version of Howard the Duck, and you’ll see it could be a good movie. A digital duck will make that thing work.” (source) Sure, whatever you need to believe, George.

Dude, that is just cold blooded.

3 Likes

Hammer: Now, right over here…this is the residential section.

Chico: Oh, people live there, eh?

Hammer: No, that’s the stockyard. Now, all along here, this is the river front. And all along the river…all along the river, those are all levies.

Chico: That’s the Jewish neighborhood?

Hammer: (pause) Well, we’ll Passover that…You’re a peach, boy. Now, here is a little peninsula, and, eh, here is a viaduct leading over to the mainland.

Chico: Why a duck?

Hammer: I’m alright, how are you? I say, here is a little peninsula, and here is a viaduct leading over to the mainland.

Chico: Alright, why a duck?

Hammer: (pause) I’m not playing “Ask Me Another,” I say that’s a viaduct.

Chico: Alright! Why a duck? Why that…why a duck? Why a no chicken?

Hammer: Well, I don’t know why a no chicken; I’m a stranger here myself. All I know is that it’s a viaduct. You try to cross over there a chicken and you’ll find out why a duck.

Chico: When I go someplace I just…

Hammer: (interrupts) It’s…It’s deep water, that’s why a duck. It’s deep water.

Chico: That’s why a duck…

Hammer: Look…look, suppose you were out horseback riding and you came to that stream and you wanted to ford over…You couldn’t make it, it’s too deep!

Chico: Well, why do you want with a Ford if you gotta horse?

Hammer: Well, I’m sorry the matter ever came up. All I know is that it’s a viaduct.

Chico: Now look, alright, I catch ona why a horse, why a chicken, why a this, why a that…I no catch ona why a duck.

Hammer: I was only fooling…I was only fooling. They’re gonna build a tunnel there in the morning. Now is that clear to you?

Chico: Yes, everything excepta why a duck.

Hammer: Well, that’s fine…then we can go ahead with this thing. Now look…I’m gonna take you down and show you our cemetery. I’ve got a waiting list of fifty people down at that cemetery just dying to get in it, but I like you.

Chico: Yeah, you’re my friend.

Hammer: I like you, and I’m gonna shove you in ahead of all of 'em.

Chico: I know you like me.

Hammer: I’m gonna see that you get a steady position.

Chico: Atsa good.

Hammer: And if I can arrange it, it’ll be horizontal…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.