The end of an era: O.J. Simpson, Hertz's speedy messenger, dies at 76

It would be both dignified and appropriate

Depends on where they dump the casket.

3 Likes

esp 1:08

Note, per my understanding: The joints swell; not the rest of the hand. No fat fingers or palms. I invite any corrections to this.

3 Likes

1 Like

For those who were around to watch OJ play college football (yes, I am an old) he was something special to watch. He had an uncanny ability to slip and slide and dodge and just enough power to keep moving forward. Of course, this was back when there were some normal sized humans playing on the line, instead of the 300 lb+ blocks of meat that are standard issue today.

Part of what makes the OJ story so compelling is that he went from the absolute pinnacle of fame and approbation beloved by all, to the pariah that he became, because he was toxically masculine. He could not bear that a woman could refuse him and take up with another man, even though he was a notorious womanizer himself. It’s a sorry, sordid tale.

14 Likes

Given what claimed him, I’ll take this as an appropriate obit for mr. Simpson.

(Also, fuck cancer.)

4 Likes

More of a cap than a hat, as modeled by his friend Johnny.

2 Likes

He found it now.

Cancer still sucks, though.

7 Likes

Fuck the cap. I want that tie.

8 Likes

Come on, you didn’t even mention co-star of Capricorn One!

5 Likes
15 Likes

5 Likes

Josh at TPM had some interesting thoughts on his death (shared link.) Too long for me to summarize here.

3 Likes

Would that affect the ability for blood to flow in and out of the hand properly? When you have people with Raynaud’s syndrome, it shuts down blood flow in the fingers and toes, and the result often includes swelling.

12 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

Do we get to find out now if the man was suffering from CTE for decades upon decades?

Serious question

1 Like

More articles should be concentrating on Nicole and Ron, not OJ:

7 Likes
6 Likes