The Ex-Files is a delightful new podcast from the exes of Buffering the Vampire Slayer

Originally published at: The Ex-Files is a delightful new podcast from the exes of Buffering the Vampire Slayer | Boing Boing

1 Like

Jenny also partnered with the amazing Helen Zaltzman on a Veronica Mars podcast that is goddam delightful. Strong recommend.

Torrance High School, for those interested. The exterior shots in and around the school are all in Torrance. The aerial establishing shots of Sunnydale are also Torrance. For the first couple seasons, Buffy’s house was a rented house in Torrance. Later they recreated it in a soundstage when the show had budget to do so. The later exterior shots, such as the movie theatre street, magic shop, and such are on that same soundstage, as well as the graveyard. The soundstage in question is a couple of warehouses on the eastern edge of Santa Monica. They had fences blocking the view, but you could see the foam gravestones sticking above the fence. The cast came and went from this unmarked Santa Monica compound in town cars that picked them up at their homes around LA.

Don’t ask me how I know all this because I won’t tell you.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.