The Fall of Roe v Wade & the Insidious Fascist Plot to Make All Women into Mere Broodmares

17 Likes

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

17 Likes

Angry Fan GIF

15 Likes

Oh, wait… this isn’t the gifersation thread…

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO

17 Likes
21 Likes

What’s great about this and the Kansas vote is, the GOP is between a rock and a hard place. The pro-choice majority is never going to vote for them. Meanwhile, the hardest-core forced birthers will blame them for failing to pass these laws.

16 Likes

Happy Joy GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Hm. Now, I do wonder if the GA bill would have passed had it been voted on AFTER Dobbs instead of before? :thinking:

15 Likes

10 Likes
17 Likes
18 Likes

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

12 Likes
22 Likes

About time. They should have been doing this years ago. Still glad though and this is some pretty strong language

“This is a patient safety decision,” VA Secretary Denis McDonough said in a statement. “Pregnant Veterans and VA beneficiaries deserve to have access to world-class reproductive care when they need it most. That’s what our nation owes them, and that’s what we at VA will deliver.”

the VA said “access to medically necessary abortions is essential for preserving the life and health of Veterans and VA beneficiaries.”

From

21 Likes

Now if only non-vets could access it…

14 Likes

ETA:

TW:

14 Likes

It’s hubristic for blue-state liberals to implore people living in red states with horrific bans against abortion and trans health care to uproot their lives and move. So what can we do to help those who don’t have access?

22 Likes

I think there’s a some additional consideration here. Moving trans kids out of Texas allows them and their families to exist at all right now (should they wish to move).

People don’t want to leave their homes - and shouldn’t have to. And the bigger bare knuckle politics picture - telling every non Republican to move from red states envisions a future where the electoral college is locked in forever.

18 Likes

Now correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t the Republicans also trying to destroy people’s access to Plan B and contraception in general?

14 Likes

She’s 12 in South Carolina. Even if she was able to think clearly after her trauma, I doubt she knew Plan B existed. She might not have known she could get pregnant. Here in Texas, parents can opt out of what little sex ed there is. Which doesn’t even discuss much sex, because it is all abstinence based.

What a disgusting person.

19 Likes

Oh Thank You Season 4 GIF by Living Single

What have I been saying everytime someone talks about “letting the red states go”… :woman_shrugging:

Absolutely true. I am not taking exception with people who are moving because of direct threats. I’m taking exception with people who think that it’s okay to abandon people rather than fight against the rising tide of fascism where it exists.

20 Likes