The Fall of Roe v Wade & the Insidious Fascist Plot to Make All Women into Mere Broodmares

Oh hey, yeah, why aren’t we talking about Axolotl Tanks. We can perfect that technology along with all the others on the way to the Torment Nexus.

Fuck.

22 Likes

“New horrors for surrogacy” sounds more accurate.

19 Likes
15 Likes

Tired Bette Davis GIF by Maudit

11 Likes
24 Likes

b4T iT’z aBooT s4v1Ng b4Bb1eZ!!! /s

15 Likes

This probably isn’t what the AGs wanted.

After receiving complaints from state attorney generals that it was “discriminating against pro-life pregnancy resource centers,” Yelp is changing its notification about Crisis Pregnancy Centers, according to Axios.

Instead of saying that the facilities “provide limited medical services and may not have licensed medical professionals onsite,” it’ll now bluntly say they “do not offer abortions or referrals to abortion providers.”

Scoop: Yelp fires back at state AGs over crisis pregnancy centers

[AXIOS]

*** emphasis mine ***

20 Likes

It’s about not allowing you to take a step to ensure you won’t need to consider having an abortion that we don’t want you to have.

(Translation: we’re in charge, and don’t you forget it!)

8 Likes

Did you think I’m not aware of that fact? :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

It goes beyond that. Many conservative religious positions harken back to the days of women as property, not people. Allowing them bodily autonomy essentially allows property to decrease it’s own value. Look at rules requiring spousal approval for sterilization, traditions regarding “giving” a woman in marriage, up until recently not allowing women to own property in their own name. It’s all about dehumanizing, devaluing and reestablishing an owner-property relationship between men and women. They talk about “respect for religious values.” I will respect religious values when they respect universal human values. And not otherwise. Religious values that claim women, LGBTQ folk, PoC, etc exist at a lower tier of being deserve to be disrespected and disgarded. Pure and simple.

21 Likes
18 Likes

It’s all abstract for them. Until the leopard shows up.

“I am a lifelong Republican, but this has turned me into a one-issue voter for those that support reproductive rights.”

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/08/health/ohio-abortion-long/index.html

18 Likes

Should Trump’s judge side with the plaintiffs, as many reproductive rights experts suspect he will, the abortion pill ban would apply across the country. Unlike Dobbs, the US supreme court’s ruling last June that eviscerated the constitutional right to an abortion and returned legal control over terminations to individual state legislatures, Kacsmaryk’s injunction would render medication abortions unlawful in every state in the union.

The stakes are high: the abortion pill now accounts for more than half of all pregnancy terminations in the US.

17 Likes
18 Likes
14 Likes

Good, but shitty that it’s needed.

18 Likes
19 Likes

The monstrous unmitigated sadism is the point.

20 Likes

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/white-house-criticizes-youngkin-menstrual-tracking-bill-97312572

Youngkin spokesperson Macaulay Porter defended the governor’s position to the Times-Dispatch and said the data-gathering limits that Democrats had proposed were “unsafe.”

So, it is “unsafe” to prohibit police from issuing warrents for a woman’s menstrual data. Unsafe for who? And what? I know, we all know, what this is aiming at. Reminder to Virginia mutants, our off-off year elections are this fall, and all the legislative seats are up for election. Once more, into the breach, dear friends, once more.

26 Likes
12 Likes