The Fall of Roe v Wade & the Insidious Fascist Plot to Make All Women into Mere Broodmares

19 Likes

Just received word that the regional social work conference voted to support a resolution supporting women’s reproductive rights. Yay. It was a hands-raised vote, and one of four resolutions. All women voted in favor. Yay. All non-white males voted in favor. Yay. All white males voted against. WTF.

26 Likes

Yep Stumptown GIF by ABC Network

23 Likes

They all ought to be tossed out of the profession. The National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics is pretty fscking specific about “Social Justice” and “Dignity and Worth of the Person.”

And, “Social workers respect and promote the right of clients to self-determination and assist clients in their efforts to identify and clarify their goals.”

22 Likes

32 Likes

That 70S Show Burn GIF by PeacockTV

16 Likes

It’s calvinball.

17 Likes
17 Likes

This should not come as a surprise to anyone here, but somehow, when a hyper-religious right winger has a pregnancy complication requiring a D&C, it’s not an abortion, it’s just medical care.

rage GIF

28 Likes

Clearly, women who have the bad taste to be poor, or not to attach themselves to connected, wealthy men, are morally decrepit, so deserve the misery of being denied reproductive care.
/s

Tired Giving Up GIF by Strays

18 Likes

Hey ladies! You can no longer get reproductive care, but HEY, you like to shop, right?!?

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

19 Likes
19 Likes

Not all straight couples though,. Only those who can conceive and give birth on their own. No IVF, no adoptions.

ETA: My bad, bad eyes.

16 Likes

And no blended families either, nor children born out of wedlock.

19 Likes

So much for pro-life, pro-adoption.

8 Likes

It does say “adopted child of both spouses adopted after the date of marriage.” A lot of emphasis on “after the date of marriage” in that hunk of manure.

20 Likes

Well - you wouldn’t want to support single people adopting.

18 Likes

Me Me Me Fainting GIF by Archie Comics

20 Likes

Didn’t the soviets try something like that? Is the GOP just… actually three russias in a clown suit?

18 Likes

I think you’re thinking of Romania? They banned abortion and gave awards for women who had lots of kids (same with the nazis). Horrific results, of course…

I don’t think the Soviets did, as they were more concerned with getting women into the work force. I could be wrong, but I don’t think so?

18 Likes