The Fall of Roe v Wade & the Insidious Fascist Plot to Make All Women into Mere Broodmares

16 Likes

That’s going to be a legal fight with a body count.

16 Likes

Wtf does she think an abortion is then?

Is it just me or has this whole “oh no, wait a minute! Terminating that pregnancy isn’t an abortion” thing come out of left field?

I guess the forced-birthers are afraid of the blood on their hands now?

15 Likes

The right wing has been doing that shit for decades. This essay from 2000 encapsulates how they always manage to frame the real reasons that women seek abortions as the “exceptions” when they need an abortion, even though they support policies that make no room for such exceptions.

17 Likes

I’d say he chose that term just to rub in the misogyny except he’s demonstrated such a willful ignorance of the female reproductive system that he probably doesn’t even know the origin of the word.

17 Likes

They constantly lie about the meaning of words to enforce their authoritarianism. Just ask a conservative what grooming means.

12 Likes

Today I learned about this guy, Paul Weyrich.

There was a time in the United States when abortion wasn’t so political, but one conservative Christian man believed it could be.
To him, the reproductive rights of women presented an opportunity. He dreamed of building a coalition — a powerful voting bloc that would help pull the Republican Party to the right.
He needed an issue that would bring conservative Americans of Christian faiths together, something they could sell as a family value and that positioned the coalition as morally superior.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-16/why-america-is-so-divided-on-abortion-and-the-men-who-planned-it/101188994

13 Likes

In one case, a central Texas hospital reportedly told a physician not to treat an ectopic pregnancy until it ruptured, the letter said. An ectopic pregnancy, which occurs when a fertilized egg attached outside of the uterus, is not viable.

13 Likes

“Wait, no! Our free speech absolutism is only for Nazis and anti-abortionists!”

17 Likes

Yeah. He sucked.

8 Likes

A good read:

13 Likes
25 Likes

Sadly, consistency is not a strong suite with those guys.

14 Likes

Not logical consistency, but it’s not at all random either. The fetus is a superposition of a person and non-person, and you can tell which by whatever would be worse for the woman. :slightly_frowning_face:

23 Likes

Schröedinger’s human. Nice. I hate it.

24 Likes

Word.

I hate it even more that I actually agree with part of their alleged stance; to me, life does being when any mammal can draw its’ first breath, unassisted… just like life ends when the last breath has been exerted.

However, unlike them, I don’t think that my personal beliefs should dictate public laws & policy.

20 Likes

Free-to-all link to the Washington Post piece by Alexandra Petri, " When is a child not a child?":

https://archive.ph/slFHl

19 Likes

Very well written, thank you for sharing it.

14 Likes

Perfect timing.
Bon Appetit Gourmet GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

10 Likes
17 Likes