The Fall of Roe v Wade & the Insidious Fascist Plot to Make All Women into Mere Broodmares

I’m surprised that they’re going after IVF so quickly. I had a feeling they would eventually, but for some reason, I thought they’d wait a beat.
That’s a, well, I can’t say “good” summary, because it’s horrifying, but well presented and sums up that everything we were worried about pretty much immediately came to pass.

And now I need to go smash some stuff.
Angry Cartoon Network GIF

14 Likes

I’m disappointed but not surprised. I clearly remember when children like mine were still popularly referred to as “test tube babies” like they were some kind of abomination created by a mad scientist.

16 Likes

Yeah, it’s not that they’re going after it, but just how quickly that surprises me. I thought strategically they’d wait a bit for things to drop out of the news cycle then go after it in a more sneaky manner.
Because I think a bunch of people who thought they were on the same side will see now that being on “that side” means they can’t have children. At least, I hope it erodes some of the support.

16 Likes

I think it will; fingers crossed.

12 Likes

I hope so but I just had a long back-and-forth on Facebook with an extended family member who refused to recognize the harm that overturning Roe is causing for many women who need treatment for ectopic pregnancies… even though she herself had an abortion (though she won’t call it that) to end an ectopic pregnancy.

It’s the Leopards Eating People’s Faces Party.

18 Likes

I didn’t mean such hypocrites; those people cannot be reached and are a lost cause, IMO.

10 Likes

The one nice thing about Republicans as enemies is that they have beliefs that genuinely conflict with how reality works. Maybe they think they can shock doctrine this. Here’s hoping it simply tips their hand like you say.

13 Likes

They are rushing because they know just how unpopular their social agenda is and how it’s going to drive opposition at the ballot box. They are pushing through as much oppressive shit as they can in the hope that the current orientation of the SCOTUS protects it.

Schitts Creek Girl GIF by CBC

13 Likes

PACK THE FUCKIN COURT, JOE.

14 Likes

I think they’re done with the sneaking around. Full-court press for the fascists on all fronts until things come to a head one way or another in 2024-25.

11 Likes

I don’t. I put nothing past these fasscholes…

15 Likes

Good Mythical Morning Reaction GIF by Rhett and Link

15 Likes

Yep, I said it.

Portmanteau of Fascist and Asshole.

Fasschole, with a ‘c.

Take it, run with it, use it everywhere.

18 Likes

Comedy Central Reaction GIF by Broad City

11 Likes

Idaho Republicans voted overwhelmingly this weekend to reject a “life of the mother” exception from its abortion platform.

Can’t let TX hold the “Biggest Asshole” cup without a challenge, now can they. As soon as a person becomes pregant, their life if forfeit. As expected, honestly.

13 Likes

I’m stunned. I mean, it’s consistent. But it’s so strange to me.

I’ve often asked people to imagine that famous thought experiment where you’re in a burning building and have one free hand. You can rescue a five-year old child, or a container of 5 fertilized embryos. Most honest people will admit they instinctively help the breathing child next to them, and ignore the container.

8 Likes
13 Likes
23 Likes
20 Likes
16 Likes