The far-right German provocateur who faked being a Syrian refugee

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/03/the-far-right-german-provocateur-who-faked-being-a-syrian-refugee.html

6 Likes

We’ll be seeing a lot more of this from the far right. Over the past decades I’ve seen countless conservative and Libertarian tr0lls pretending to be cardboard-cutout extremist versions of those they hate (liberals, LGBTQ+ people, Muslims, women, etc.). Taking it into the real world is a logical next step for some of these clowns.

The exposure we’ve seen over the last year of the far right’s infiltration into the German military and police is truly disturbing. It’s particularly pointed confirmation for me that the 1930s and 1940s dying out of living memory is one of the main reasons we’re seeing a resurgence of right-wing populism around the world.

26 Likes

Just remember, the A in Franco A stands for Arschloch.

19 Likes

ouran-HS-host-club-haruhi-mad

People are suffering in this crisis. What the fuck is wrong with some people.

13 Likes

This happened in 2017

Oh, then it’s fine. /s

17 Likes

This happened in 2017

And he’s on trial in 2021. What is your point?

16 Likes

This. Bozos don’t even bother to get the symbolism right.
Screen Shot 2021-01-03 at 9.50.34 PM

7 Likes

Was that the “Anarchists For Biden” graffiti?

:laughing:

10 Likes

Sad, the lack of effort. :wink:
ETA @the_borderer - Sorry, missed your meaning; this was from a few days ago at speaker Pelosi’s house.

6 Likes

Huge, obvious flags not missed but actively ignored. A grim tale.

1 Like

During the BLM demonstrations in several cities across the US, peaceful protesters said that they saw unidentified out-of-towners arrive and perform violent and destructive acts: property damage, graffiti, rock throwing. Young white males.

Just yesterday or the day before, I heard a pro-trump legislator defending violence on behalf of Trump supporters, because they would only be following the lead created by “Antifa and BLM related violence”.

I want to be objective, but it’s so hard not to connect the dots.

4 Likes

Going by the facts, that there were plenty of cases of agent provocateurs in the protests, is being objective. :woman_shrugging: Both sides are not the same here, nor are they doing the same things. White supremacy is not equivalent to civil rights. We need to stop equating the two.

8 Likes

Not for nothing, but people were suffering in that crisis as well. And this asshole was trying to take advantage of that suffering in order to create even more suffering in the hopes that his team would wind up on top in the end.

3 Likes

The use of provocateurs seems to be a favorite tactic among fascists, so much so that I have to wonder how people keep falling for it.

Then I realize, no, the base isn’t falling for it, they know it’s complete bullshit that they can use as a pretext, however thinly veiled, to justify whatever they want.

3 Likes

You are right about the right wing base.

The global left (Non-ML state communists and anarchists) also don’t usually fall for it, but we are rarely in a position to be listened to.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.