The father of the shooting suspect never saw it coming

Bish the context is he was a mass murderer. Stop giving interviews.

4 Likes

“I don’t live with him, but I’m sure it was no big deal, boys will be boys and threaten to kill their families, you know.”

4 Likes

It sounds like he’s so deep in denial he can’t hear any of that, either.

My fav is when some relative says, "Oh, not our boy! He’s an angel!"

4 Likes

A child’s outburst? If my math is correct, that “child” was 18 when he made that threat. Maybe an older 17? But still…

2 Likes

A couple of decades ago there was a notorious and deranged Internet tr0ll who threatened hundreds if not thousands of people (myself included). He was escalating to in-person stalking when a petition went out to the cops. His mom (who this large adult son lived with, of course), was in constant denial about his activities even when presented with clear evidence about her good boy. She paid his lawyer’s bills, let him live in her house and (presumably) use her Internet connection, and bailed him out of trouble every time.

Obviously, the outcome wasn’t as bad as what happened due in part to the negligence of this killer’s father or in the case of the Sandy Hook killer’s mother. Still, it seems to be a common pattern with the parents of these types (see also the doting parents of mob killers).

6 Likes

This may be an uncommon opinion, but I don’t care. I don’t care that his father “never saw it coming.” I don’t care that others in his family did, reported him to the authorities, and the authorities didn’t take it seriously. I don’t care that he had shitty parents, if that turns out to be the case. I don’t care if he is suffering from some undiagnosed mental illness. I don’t care about any of that, because all of that exists in every country on Earth. Parents having blinders on when it comes to their kids is common. Authorities not taking red flags seriously is common. Mental health issues are common. Bad parents are common. All of that shit happens everywhere on this planet. What doesn’t happen everywhere on this planet in anywhere near the numbers it does in the US are mass shootings like this. The only difference is the proliferation of guns in this country and this country’s love affair with firearms. That’s the problem. The media is focusing on the red flags because they want us to be happy with this bullshit legislation that got passed after Uvalde that’s going to do jack shit about gun violence.

10 Likes

In fairness, the sister didn’t have a penis and therefore couldn’t be depended upon to remain cool and rational like the killer and his absentee dad.

7 Likes

Amen.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.