The full story of the Dybbuk Box hoax

Originally published at: The full story of the Dybbuk Box hoax | Boing Boing

3 Likes

even more important, the sins I had committed that I didn’t know about."

Oh shit, where do I start? Or better yet, I really can’t remember, so there’s that.

8 Likes

Also, those sins of omission can really rack up without you noticing them. :astonished:

5 Likes

Notice them, I’m too busy not noticing everything, I’m’a stick with that.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Reports that say that someone hasn’t confessed to all their sins are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known known sins; there are sins we know we know. We also know there are known unknown sins; that is to say we know there are some sins we do not know. But there are also unknown unknown sins—the ones we don’t know we don’t know. And if one looks throughout the improbable history of our invisible sky friend, and other made up bullshit people call ‘religions’, it is the latter category that tends to be the difficult ones.

9 Likes

12 Likes

All possible sins may be limitless, but the sins committed by a single person since birth/creation should be a finite set. You can confess your sins at the last rites without having to enumerate them all, and specify their nature and degree. It may be silly, but you seem to be able to specify all sins in the ritual at least.

I am more worried about the actual process of having your sins taken away. Suppose you go in for a routine operation, and the surgeon says “Oh, and while you are under, and I have you open, is it okay if I make any other changes as I see fit? I think there may be a whole lot of things I could cut once I am in there.” Wait! Does this remove our memory or the sin and our lessons learned? Might this cutting out of the infected bit take out things we need? Maybe some of this stuff is necessary? Can I speak to someone who has had the done, please?

“Sorry kid, time’s up. You are off to the other place now”.

2 Likes

No worries.
It’s all in your file.

2 Likes

Anyway, I think it was G.K. Chesterton who said that the best way to deal with evil spirits is to drink them.

5 Likes

I’ll drink to that!

Game Of Thrones Drinking GIF by Sky

4 Likes

(wiki) “Despite what various owners would have us think, the infamous dibbuk Box is not a [haunted] Jewish wine cabinet from Spain but instead a minibar from New York.”

Those are not far off from being the same thing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.