The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

Let me guess, he drives a white van labeled “free candy and puppies”?

11 Likes

Oh, c’mon!

10 Likes

It’s scripted by Q, right?

10 Likes

Eric gets it.

10 Likes

What the hell is the matter with Kansas? (I’m actually from there…)

3 Likes

Why isn’t kicking a student in the testicles being charged as sexual assault on a minor?

10 Likes

And thus sayeth the Lord “kick that child in the nuts, that you may know my grace”. And it was good.

Samsel 5: 1-4

5 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes
9 Likes

Today is a good day for a Nazi to cry.

19 Likes

“No mercy for our enemies. Do not weep, for they are not human,” Welton wrote in a pseudonymous social media post on March 31, seven months into his job as an elementary school teacher. “Treat those who want to abolish ‘whiteness’ with the same venom if not more. They deserve medieval punishments.”

Sounds like a lovely gentleman, just the sort who we want teaching our children. Yeah, right, fuck him and all his ilk with barbed wire.

13 Likes

There’s a word for having sex with someone when they’re drunk. It starts with R.

8 Likes

“Consensual.” With a dead drunk 19 yo. While he was a cop. Family values. Because of course. We are so fucked.

11 Likes

Tech Bro douche Mike Masnick is at it again, working on a paper regarding NFTs, and says that he’s going to experiment with a platform that mixes publishing and NFTs so I expect the paper to be totally unbiased. /s

In the initial post in this Twitter thread, he posits a camp of two extremes and in a reply to someone he said that he decided to lump the people with environmental concerns into the “It’s a scam camp”.

What I expect from his “plan to explore” the environmental issues in the paper is him saying “The magical innovative power of Silicon Valley (which is where I and the people that give me all my money live) will figure it out!”. This would be similar to how he handwaved the issues with his “Protocols, Not Platforms” paper, where he said that devs and app makers would be able to solve all the problems by nerding harder.

If he takes the same tack with this paper on NFTs, he’s committing the same hypocrisy as he did previously in his “Protocols, Not Platforms” paper. Mike and Techdirt as a whole have correctly mocked and criticized governments when govs ask tech companies to work harder to come up with encryption that has no backdoors that bad people can exploit but the government and authorities can get into at any time (Apple vs. FBI, for example).

It’s become clear over my years of reading Techdirt that it exists to defend the practices of Big Tech companies form the angle of (and I thank @gracchus for pointing this out to me) the Californian Ideology while cheering for progressive issues like Net Neutrality as a nice shield from criticism, or being rightfully compared to the Competitive Enterprise Institute and other Koch-funded trash.

2 Likes

(Canada, where we’re doing as many first shots as possible before doing seconds.)

Pop-up vaccination clinics in neighbourhoods that have racialized, essential workers who go unvaccinated due to language barriers and other accessibility issues, and a high elderly vaccination hesitancy rate, trying to coax them to get a shot.

Swarmed by a coordinated gang of angry rich white people demanding their second shot, now!, I want to speak to the manager!

They must have a social media lair out there. Probably Facebook.

7 Likes

“I couldn’t sleep last night,” Anckle said. “I couldn’t get the image of these people out of my head. When you looked at their faces, there was no compassion, a total lack of humanity. It was the best display of privileges I have ever seen.

I’m gonna post this to the White Culture thread, also. Seems appropriate.

12 Likes
7 Likes

After HuffPost’s inquiries, Star Academy deleted the Faculty page from its website, which had included a photo of Welton and a brief description of his job. The photo, which appears to be a selfie, shows Welton wearing a shirt, tie and sweater, in front of a chalkboard, a wry toothless smile on his face. Written on the chalkboard behind him is “Dollfuß (1934)” — a likely reference to Engelbert Dollfuss, an Austrian fascist politician who briefly served as the country’s chancellor until his assassination in 1934.

Not just that. Two of the other names on the board are clearly José Antonio Primo de Rivera, leader of the fascist Falange in pre-war Spain and António de Oliveira Salazar, borderline fascist Portuguese prime minister/dictator.

11 Likes
8 Likes