The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

You’re doing it again; how do you end up asshole scrolling on IG?

6 Likes

This stood out. It’s why I posted.

What, the feminist and cute pets posts are doomscrolling?

Anyway, this is The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes. What did you expect?

4 Likes

No but ‘toxicreddit’ is absolutely asshole-scrolling…

6 Likes

Fox News’s Maria Bartiromo Got Scammed On-Air by Animal Rights Activists, Merry Christmas!

11 Likes

But according to a new federal lawsuit filed in the Southern District of New York, the tale was largely fabricated. Debbie Kosta, the employee in question, is suing Robbins and his company, Robbins Research International (RRI), saying he lied about his part in her recovery and made it nearly impossible for her to return to work.

The complaint lays out a starkly different picture of Tony Robbins than the inspirational coach he plays on social media. It says his organization refused to let Kosta return to work part-time while she was recovering from COVID-19 and dealing with a recent cancer diagnosis. Instead, roughly three months after Kosta got off a ventilator, the complaint alleges her managers gave her an ultimatum: return to work full-time or lose her job and her health insurance.

13 Likes

Seriously. I always say that the Home Secretary is the biggest arsehole they can muster up in England, seeing as they destroy families, torture people, ruin activists lives and look after murderers, rapists, and torturing thugs. But Priti Patel is next level cartoon evil.

13 Likes

I can imagine Priti Patel being on one of those early morning raids, stopping the fire brigade from putting out a fire because the criminals deserve it.

I now intervened to settle this dispute, at one moment quite heated. I told the fire-brigade officer on my authority as Home Secretary that the house was to be allowed to burn down and that he was to stand by in readiness to prevent the conflagration from spreading.

Winston Churchill, Home Secretary during 1910-11

12 Likes

Apparently she’s having a position paper on reinstating the death penalty prepared.

Tory party is a murder party.

14 Likes
9 Likes
16 Likes

tbf living in that household would become infuriating fast

16 Likes

What the actual FUCK.

14 Likes

It only sounds exhausting to you. Twisted logic is the foundation of how they were raised from birth.

5 Likes

It’s infuriating right now!

4 Likes

This whole thread sounds eerily familiar and I confess my ignorance of Idi Amin and the ugly parallels to the U.S. right now re :tangerine: :clown_face:

8 Likes

Does that mean that, when Biden’s team moves into the White House, the first thing they should do is check the freezers?

There is one point in which I disagree with Greenberg, though. Looking at his management of COVID-19, Trump is making great strides on the “kill your own populace” bit.

7 Likes

I don’t know… I kind of find that thread pretty free of the larger historical context of European imperialism and racism. Trump most certainly isn’t from a country dealing with the historical legacy of specifically racist imperialism that had a direct impact on him, nor is he a victim of racial injustice in his own country, which would have been true of Black Africans. The thread starts with 1971, as if Ugandan history STARTS with Idi Amin’s actions, rather than his actions being made possible by history of the region. Amin feels free from historical context, in other words.

Greenberg’s statement on imperialism:

I’d argue that ignoring the larger historical context of Amin is just as intolerable as ignore European antisemitism and its role in the Holocaust, or the rise of theories about race and labor in justifying American chattel slavery. It’s a means of deflecting blame and greater understanding of how such violent events can happen in our world. It’s almost never about individuals acting against humanity, but of the larger historical context that allows for such anti-human actions. No one individual can kill thousands or millions of people, unless they have the historical ground work laid for them. Trump was able to have the children of migrants taken from them, because we live in a society where some large percentage of people already view undocumented immigrants as lesser than.

I don’t think you can take an individual and compare him to another outside of their distinct historical context, especially when the historical contexts of the two individual in questions differ so very much.

19 Likes

Excepting that they were both The Last King of Scotland.

8 Likes

Trump wishes! The Scottish people seemed to have rejected him.

Oh, except this woman in Asheville…

Apparently, she has Trump shit up in the Window. And she’s racist against the Irish… you know how racist you have to be to be racist against the Irish?

16 Likes

Especially when you’re Scottish. Both Celtic- lots of cultural back and forth and gene pool mixing between them. :woman_shrugging:

14 Likes