The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

You either die a hero or live long enough to replace the villain.

11 Likes

Confederate flag raised, US and German flags stolen at 2nd Cavalry Regiment headquarters

14 Likes
15 Likes

I despair of the whole human race sometimes.

17 Likes

Playing both sides.

7 Likes

Some days itā€™s a good day to steal such things.

During Civil Rights Era, Native American Communities in the South Armed Themselves Against the Klan

17 Likes
15 Likes
15 Likes

Does the end of Afghanistan actually change the legal status of any of the Guantanamo detainees, in fact? Or is it ā€œonce an enemy combatant always an enemy combatantā€?

4 Likes

This reads like a parody of what people who ā€œback the blueā€ think the police abolition movement thinks police act.

ā€œReinstitute vehicle pursuits for lower level offensesā€ = ā€œI WANT TO DRIVE MY CAR REAL FASTā€

Also as a sheriffā€™s deputy he gets to take his cop car home with him every day, because he really just wants to play Hot Wheels and Cops 'n Robbers.

14 Likes

Note the comment ā€œDOJ out of PDX / Elimination of rediculous use-of-force reporting requirementsā€ā€¦ thatā€™s some Bull Connor level bullshit right thereā€¦

12 Likes

Especially since they never complied with the mandated use of force reporting in the first place. They are playing chicken with the FBI and DOJ and will probably go back on court-ordered consent decree soon.

10 Likes
11 Likes

You know he uses that voice when heā€™s telling stories to the grandkidsā€¦ or sneaking them sweets when theyā€™re about to have dinner. ā€œShhhhā€¦ donā€™t tell your momā€¦ hereā€™s some saltwater taffy.ā€

taffy GIF

13 Likes

Bone-sawing expert buys venerable English football club:

5 Likes
10 Likes

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/marco-rubio-answers-florida-prison-rape-scandal-80476484

I really hate to say Little Marco is doing a good, but I can absolutely get behind this.

He asked why no female inmates were interviewed when auditors visited the prison in April.
ā€œIt appears that all female inmates were transferred from FCI Coleman to another prison just two days prior to the on-site audit. This is deeply concerning because it was female inmates who made the allegations of sexual abuse,ā€ Rubio wrote to BOP Director Michael Carvajal.

The article is deeply disturbing, and care should be taken before clicking through.

21 Likes
11 Likes
12 Likes
18 Likes