The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

3 Likes

Who’s going to want to be straight after they’ve seen queer affection?

4 Likes

How many gays were turned straight after seeing the straight couples kiss? The horror!

/s of course

8 Likes

None.

images

5 Likes

Such raw unbridled passion. Be still my heart!

6 Likes

Where is that puke emoji!!!

6 Likes

Rainbow Bridge GIF

4 Likes

That kind of business couldn’t be run from just a list of names. Client list, appointments, preferences, billing…

4 Likes

I scheduled appointments at the Walgreens near our house today for COVID vaccines, and a couple others, for me and the woman I’m a caregiver for. She is disabled. She usually can walk short distances with a walker, but she’s not been doing great recently, so she’s not walking at all. She can stand, and transfer from car to wheelchair or mobility scooter and back, and she insists on driving, because she’s perfectly capable of driving and she has control issues. Anyway, at our Walgreens, they have mobility scooters, because we live in a town that is full of 55+ communities and the median age is probably over 60. So when we got there, she had me go inside and get one of the scooters for her because it’s easier than getting her wheelchair out of the back of the car. We check in for the vaccines, and after a very long wait because they seem to be understaffed today, she’s called back by the pharmacist. The office where they give the vaccines is down a very short hallway (not really even a hallway, the doorway is just recessed) and there is no way to maneuver the mobility scooter to get it in there. The pharmacist said she’d have to get up and walk into the office. We both told him she couldn’t. He said that was the only option. She asked if she could move the scooter right next to the door so he could give her the shot there. He refused. So she didn’t get her shots. I went ahead and got mine, partly because I wanted to ask him a question in private. I went in, and I asked him if he was aware of the ADA, and that they have to provide reasonable accommodations? He didn’t answer, but instead said, “Well she can walk short distances at least because she has to walk from her car to the scooter.” I decided against starting an argument there, but I have rarely been as angry in my life. Not only did he refuse to provide reasonable accommodations to a disabled person, he also questioned her need for the accommodations, and you cannot do that. When we got home, I actually got online and filed a complaint with the Department of Justice Civil Rights Division. I have no idea if that will go anywhere, but I couldn’t let this go unchallenged.

12 Likes

I hope something comes of it, this guy out of all people should really know better

7 Likes

He should, but I’ve witnessed age discrimination, disability discrimination, and weight discrimination from health care professionals way too often. The woman I take care of is also overweight (although she’s been losing weight), partly because she’s disabled and can’t exercise. But some doctors always blame every fucking thing on her weight, even when it’s clearly something else.

6 Likes

4 Likes

I have heard from a long time online friend with mental health issues that she’s faced pretty constant discrimination and very flippant ignorant attitudes when talking to mental health professionals. Which is something i just can’t wrap my head around.

9 Likes

The compounded tragedy of all this assholery from some medical care providers is that a lot of people end up just deciding it’s not worth the insult to continue seeking medical care.
Example
Example

13 Likes

Sadly, healthcare is not immune to the not-straight-cis-white-male discounting and discrimination. It needs to be called out, because many of us will not see it unless we are forced to. There is a lot of “surely not here” thinking in the field. Despite numerous scholarly papers as well as anecdotal reports supporting the fact, there are some of us who just don’t want to accept that it is true. Gee, that sounds a lot like society at large, doesn’t it? Yeah, I hate it.

15 Likes

It totally does.
And at least it’s somewhat possible to measure the impacts (in deferred or delayed healthcare visits) due to discrimination in this one area.
When I think of all the other casual discrimination and condescension that goes on, and how that dissuades certain people from studying certain things, pursuing certain careers, even speaking up at meetings ffs, it makes me so sad.
I haven’t looked around yet, but I’d be interested if anyone has extrapolated the “deferred healthcare due to discrimination” into the broader world of what people don’t do due to how we’re treated by supposed experts or other gatekeepers.

12 Likes

6 Likes

He looks like a Michael.

I think what she really means is, “I can’t have someone standing next me in public whose name is Bill!”

4 Likes

NRA Leader Wayne LaPierre to Face Potentially Career-Ending Corruption Trial in New York

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nra-leader-wayne-lapierre-to-face-potentially-career-ending-corruption-trial-in-new-york/ar-AA1mncft

6 Likes

Cornices Centre, great job amplifying both your driver’s dickery and your own!

Barbra Streisand Girl GIF

20 Likes