The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

9 Likes

You have, your, probably your team and football are probably our two most diverse teams,” the man says. “And so that is going to create some issues with our parent community.”

Diversity is a problem, you see. I bet he has a red hat in his wardrobe somewhere. It’s right on point.

9 Likes

Lucky no kid did eat any: 60 times more potent than legal edibles, and kid-sized body mass could have very bad!

Packaging suggested the edibles had 600 milligrams of the psychoactive property in cannabis known as tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. In Canada, edibles are legally only allowed to contain 10 milligrams per package.

Children who received the edibles were six to 16 years old, police said. None were harmed by the candies.

8 Likes

600 mg?? Holy shit, folks, what the hell was this woman thinking? While this is short of the estimated LD50 (~30 mg/kg) for an adult, a 20 kg 6 yo would be right there. Irresponsible doesn’t begin to describe this action.

8 Likes

“You even walk too close to a cow, and it’ll take you down and trample you into dust.”

9 Likes

If a cow ever got the chance, he'd eat you and everyone you care about.

12 Likes

40 to 50 feral cows?

10 Likes

It has been estimated that approximately 20–22 deaths occur each year in the United States from cattle, only 10 of which involved bulls. In five cases, multiple cows were involved in the attack, usually when walkers, joggers, or cyclists had entered pastures. The presence of a dog may provoke an attack. In the United Kingdom, 74 people were killed by cattle (70% due either to bulls or newly calved cows). This has led cattle to be declared the most dangerous large animal in Britain.

5 Likes

But, we can’t forget about
Killer Cockroaches!!!

4 Likes

This is a piss poor argument. It reads like parody.
Cows can be aggressive. The solution to that is to run and hop over a fence, into a car, or into a building. Cows are hard to kill with guns, particularly hand guns. Many cops have demonstrated this. Also, by the time someone is shooting at the attack cow, the cow is already moving. If the person in the way hasn’t already run, even if the shot was perfectly in the brain, that’s a ton of cow meat moving at speed. Finally, someone shooting at a rampaging cow is more likely to hit the person the cow is headed for.
Sheesh. Maybe just keep your kids away from the damned cows?

13 Likes

Yes. Cows kill more people than sharks every year, and mama bear has nothing on mama cow when she thinks you are any kind of danger for her calf.

What’s that got to do with gun control and gun safety?

7 Likes

I assumed @vermes82 was highlighting how few people die from cow attack. And, thus, how bloody stupid this cow attack argument is
20-22 deaths by cow a year and how many kids dead by accidental shooting of an unsecured gun? Guns are now the biggest killer of kids. Not the fucking cows.

10 Likes

It was even funnier because my eyes first read that as killer C-R-O-W-S.

:grin:

10 Likes

CROWVID isn’t over yet!

10 Likes

I’d cross a cow before I’d ever fuck with a crow… which is to say that I leave both of them well alone!

Cows are huge, while crows are smart (and vindictive a/f if you mess with them.)

12 Likes

I have always made it a policy to avoid close contact with critters that could delete me if they took a mind to. Cows certainly make the list. Crows can make life pretty miserable, but probably not to the point of missing persons bulletins. I do try to make friends with them, just to be on the safe side.

8 Likes

So…no people and only smaller dogs? Or do you just stick to an aquarium to err on the side of caution? I was going to ask how that works with being a doctor, but I guess probably you can stick to conditions that leave the patients relatively safe.

6 Likes

Pediatrician, and fairly introverted/antisocial otherwise, so yeah, works pretty well. Our dog is 10 pounds of pure fluff, and the kitties are smaller, but more dangerous.

9 Likes

The upper middle class suburbs of Minnesota must have a severe cowboy shortage!

Or maybe he’s worried he’ll meat this one

10 Likes

Where’s the beef?

10 Likes