The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

Personally, I still tend to think of the 80’s as “only 20 years ago” even though I know full well it’s now closer to 35 years ago, but damn…

11 Likes

Scared Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

8 Likes

GIF by Giphy QA

10 Likes

Egads, man!

Aging doesn’t have to be that bad!

10 Likes

Nirvana “brand”?!? What a dipshit.

Me, whenever I remember that fact…

moved to tears crying GIF

11 Likes

Nirvana was formed in 1987.

Nirvana disbanded in 1994 after Kurt Cobain died.

Chaya Raichik was born in 1995.

IMG_0533

14 Likes

She self identifies as GenX?

11 Likes

Joe Lieberman just passed away, presumably not from the lack of healthcare he fousted upon so many Americans.

10 Likes

I was 28 when that album came out, but apparently way too old to appreciate Nirvana because I was over the hill. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Right with you. I was 27. Also felt like it had passed me by.

8 Likes
9 Likes

:thinking:

9 Likes

Think Which One GIF

7 Likes

On the morning of Feb. 3, 2022, in the early days of Mayor Eric Adams’ administration, an executive at a national fuel oil company, Sprague Operating Resources, got a surprise email from the City of New York.

Sprague believed they had a draft multi-million dollar contract in hand to provide the entire city government heavy-duty vehicle fleet with renewable diesel, powering everything from garbage trucks to police tow trucks. But to their surprise, a Department of Citywide Administrative Services (DCAS) bureaucrat informed them that the agency had been approached by another vendor — and that DCAS would soon reopen the bidding.

What the bureaucrat did not mention was that the CEO of that other vendor, Approved Oil of Brooklyn, was a three-time donor to Adams’ 2021 campaign. And that Approved Oil had hired Pitta Bishop, the politically wired law firm that advises Adams’ campaign, to lobby the Adams administration to try and procure contracts from the city.

Despite its late arrival after the bidding was already closed and a contract under negotiation, and the fact that the firm had never snagged a city contract worth more than $7 million, Approved Oil won the day. In August, DCAS awarded the company a $91 million, two-year contract through a non-competitive process called “negotiated acquisition” to provide the city fleet with renewable diesel.

10 Likes

They were allowed to submit a bid after bid closing? Jesus.

The other bidder should win that suit. And the AG should look at this.

11 Likes

Same here. They weren’t as interesting as Bad Brains.

5 Likes
10 Likes
14 Likes

Lowe’s credit card now has a 31.99% interest rate. Customers call it ‘loan sharking.’

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/lowes-credit-card-now-has-a-31-99-interest-rate-customers-call-it-loan-sharking-c096852b?mod=home-page

Gouveia, 68, from North Carolina, said the monthly payments were manageable, but the interest rates steadily rose. He carries a balance on the card, but “I’ve never been late or anything,” he said. “I’ve been an excellent payer since 2021.” When he recently got notice that the APR on his Lowe’s card would be rising to 31.99% — despite his on-time payment history and 760 credit score, which is considered “very good” — he called the number on the card and tried to negotiate a lower rate and was denied.

“The audacity of jacking it up to 31.99 is really arrogant,” he said. His frustration with Lowe’s has reached a point “where I don’t even walk in that store anymore,” he said. Gouveia compared it to “‘loan sharking” and “out-and-out interest-rate gouging.”

:angry:

10 Likes
10 Likes