The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

In response, Wilson said in a statement, “It is an asshole move to release footage of one part of that disgusting episode while leaving out everything that preceded it including my horrified refusal to stick my finger up SBC’s butt,” adding, “Releasing unauthorized and misleading behind the scenes video without my approval is SBC’s latest way of bullying and gaslighting me.”

10 Likes
6 Likes

14 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

Why would a major publishing house even consider this? I know that Biden is a public figure, but publishing outright lies will do more harm to Harper Collins than the potential profit.

Eeesh.

10 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Time to call some senators about a bill that needs to be fast-tracked:

10 Likes

The thought of losing precious hours in the nightmarescape of Rand’s literary oeuvre is unappealing, but understanding her worldview and legacy is imperative. Fortunately, Lisa Duggan has written a smart, engaging, and mercifully short book, Mean Girl: Ayn Rand and the Culture of Greed, distilling all we need to know about Ayn Rand.

Duggan spoke to Daniel Denvir, host of the Jacobin Radio podcast the Dig. The following is an edited transcript of their conversation. Duggan is a historian, journalist, and activist who teaches at New York University. She’s the author of several other books, including Twilight of Equality?: Neoliberalism, Cultural Politics, and the Attack on Democracy and Sex Wars: Sexual Dissent and Political Culture.

11 Likes

19 Likes

16 Likes

Dear Matt Taibbi,

Oh dear everloving christ, you fucking moron.

Please stop carrying water for fascists and repeating their lies. Nobody on the left trusts a word you say, and nobody on the right gives a fuck what you say. Your obsequity will not save you when they come to kick in your door at 3am.

No love but lots of concern,
Me.

17 Likes

I’m still wondering what Putin has on him. Or how much Putin pays him.

11 Likes

Remember when Taibbi was considered someone worth listening to? It feels so hard to understand it was ever a thing, like people calling Musk a genius or Giuliani a competent human.

12 Likes

I almost feel a sense of shame for ever having liked him.

8 Likes

Pay Me Kim Kardashian GIF by GQ

He could just be a true believer, though. It strikes me that since he was in Russia in the decade after the fall of the Soviet Union, seeing all the destructive bullshit caused by the shock doctrine privatization of Russia, that he came to believe in Putin as a counterweight to the US, and neo-liberal capitalism that the US was promoting… ignoring the fact that Putin was just as much a beneficiary of that shock doctrine as the US and western corporations… But seeing all that going down had to have an impact on his thinking.

10 Likes

Taibbi sure does have a weird definition for “institutional power.”

5 Likes

Indeed.

Could Be Season 1 Episode 3 GIF by Paramount+

4 Likes

15 Likes
13 Likes

Why doesn’t the mainstream media want to talk about this?

Because “mainstream” media is corporate media.

15 Likes