The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

10 Likes

That’s one very big baby.

13 Likes

I’m not shocked he’s had a heel turn for his return to the WWE recently, then… :rage:

8 Likes

Actors when they get older often get the villain roles too.

8 Likes

Boeing:
Dakota Johnson Dammit GIF by Apple TV+

7 Likes

18 Likes

20 Likes

tv show wtf GIF by HULU

9 Likes

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 10.33.50 PM

17 Likes
17 Likes
12 Likes

Priest jailed after man collapsed from too many erectile drugs at cleric’s sex party

According to Polish media, the victim had taken too many erectile dysfunction pills. An ambulance was called but when paramedics arrived they were refused entry and were only able to administer aid after police arrived.

The priest, referred to as Tomasz Z, was sentenced for sexual offences, supplying drugs and failing to provide assistance to a person in danger of loss of life or serious bodily harm.

12 Likes

Somehow I doubt that they’re filing the required paperwork for that commercial drone use. (Because it probably weighs more than the drone.)

7 Likes

Too soon?

1 Like

It’s true NPR has always had a liberal bent, but during most of my tenure here, an open-minded, curious culture prevailed. We were nerdy, but not knee-jerk, activist, or scolding.

In recent years, however, that has changed. Today, those who listen to NPR or read its coverage online find something different: the distilled worldview of a very small segment of the U.S. population.

If you are conservative, you will read this and say, duh, it’s always been this way.

But it hasn’t.

For decades, since its founding in 1970, a wide swath of America tuned in to NPR for reliable journalism and gorgeous audio pieces with birds singing in the Amazon. Millions came to us for conversations that exposed us to voices around the country and the world radically different from our own—engaging precisely because they were unguarded and unpredictable. No image generated more pride within NPR than the farmer listening to Morning Edition from his or her tractor at sunrise.

Back in 2011, although NPR’s audience tilted a bit to the left, it still bore a resemblance to America at large. Twenty-six percent of listeners described themselves as conservative, 23 percent as middle of the road, and 37 percent as liberal.

By 2023, the picture was completely different: only 11 percent described themselves as very or somewhat conservative, 21 percent as middle of the road, and 67 percent of listeners said they were very or somewhat liberal. We weren’t just losing conservatives; we were also losing moderates and traditional liberals.

An open-minded spirit no longer exists within NPR, and now, predictably, we don’t have an audience that reflects America.

That wouldn’t be a problem for an openly polemical news outlet serving a niche audience. But for NPR, which purports to consider all things, it’s devastating both for its journalism and its business model.

14 Likes

Who??

9 Likes

NPR doesn’t exist in a vacuum. RW talk radio exploded during the time he mentions. NPR has been trying to “both sides” its way into having a larger conservative audience, but it is a doomed to fail effort. The republicans they are trying to attract don’t really exist anymore.

10 Likes

I never heard a peep about this:

10 Likes

Follow the money that supports news outlets like NPR to lose any lingering illusions about their reporting:

It’s the same reason my list of news sources keeps shrinking every year:

11 Likes

Nothing exists to the left of liberals? And what are “traditional liberals”, which sounds like word-fuckery for right libertarians/“classical liberalism”?

4 Likes