The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

From my perspective right-wing terrorism works.

10 Likes
3 Likes

Right wing terrism is largely state-supported, if not sponsored. It works because TPTB think it is right, and it gives them an excuse to do what they wanted to do anyway.

12 Likes

If you want to read about it but not go to Unherd :nauseated_face: you can go read Wonkette’s summary. Which is also undoubtedly more cutting

16 Likes
10 Likes

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/05/08/freedomworks-is-closing-and-blaming-trump-00156784

FreedomWorks Is Closing — And Blaming Trump

The libertarian organization couldn’t survive the populist shift in the Republican Party.

It’s the Kochtopus, so I expect they’ll change the name or slide over to another tentacle.

9 Likes

“Brandon said he has plans to launch a new organization focused on politically independent members of the millennial and Gen Z generations, whom he thinks will be receptive to libertarian policies. “If we started something new, you could build it from the ground up,” Brandon said. “You could build a brand that matches what these folks want, and you could get away around all the baggage [associated with the FreedomWorks brand].”

Sorry, dude. But no labels already exists.

And it sounds like you lost your big donors. Though failing upwards is a failson tradition.

12 Likes

she reports becoming “the closest thing to a modern day, Western slave”.

Well, duh;

Trad-fuckers don’t want spouses or equal partners; they want docile, unpaid servants with no agency to incubate and raise their offspring.

That’s all.

16 Likes

13 Likes

So Clinton wants professors to be disciplined for what they do NOT put on their syllabi or do NOT post on social media. Historical note: During the McCarthy years, you weren’t just punished for making statements that were supportive of communism. You were punished for NOT making statements that were anticommunist or sufficiently anticommunist.

I no longer hear a lot of people saying, “Hillary warned us.” And I see why. Say what will you about Bernie, he’s never said anything remotely like this. He actually has a sense of history.

10 Likes

Comedian Jerry Seinfeld was met with a wave of boos Sunday when students at Duke University in North Carolina walked out just before his commencement speech, the latest in a wave of antiwar protests at college graduations across the country this weekend.

Not only was Seinfeld, 70, delivering the speech at the school’s football stadium, but he was also receiving an honorary degree from the school, where his son is enrolled and from which his daughter graduated. As he was being introduced, boos could be heard on the official commencement livestream.

10 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

8 Likes
12 Likes

You should have seen the other guy. (Actually, get well soon, Steve.)

8 Likes

Yep!

steve buscemi fargo GIF by Maudit

2 Likes

I fucking hate that these [that word yanks don’t like] use ‘the arms of the poet-singer’ as their logo.

10 Likes
12 Likes

16 Likes

No spurprise that rag would put it like that. I think a lot of people don’t know, or forget, that the WSJ is owned by Rupert Murdoch. It really sucks that it’s widely considered more credible than Fux News or the Daily Fail.

13 Likes

Other than triggering the current inflation cycle by jacking prices to make up for earnings “lost” during the covid shutdowns? Yeah, that’s not evil at all. (Not really lost. They still have the oil that they didn’t sell at the time.)

10 Likes