The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

Boeing Execs:

Oh No Reaction GIF by La Guarimba Film Festival

8 Likes
12 Likes

2017:

2024:

Water still wet after all these years…

18 Likes

— content that saw her accused by the radical Left-wing Southern Poverty Law Centre of racist dog-whistling, and even hovering “at the precipice of outright white nationalism”.

Awkward Episode 1 GIF by The Office

I’ll go ahead and add UnHerd to my list of websites to remain UnRead.

17 Likes

That’s probably a good idea.

From

15 Likes

“The social media news cycle can be a jading stream of ill-informed narcissists, but it’s refreshing to be reminded that at least it offers a more diverse outlook than Tim Montgomerie funded by an oligarch publishing the kind of people who are generally ‘unheard’ because people edge away from them at parties.”

Pop Tv Burn GIF by Schitt's Creek

19 Likes

What ever you do, DON’T READ THE COMMENTS!

Or the article, really. What a weird perspective that author has!

10 Likes

Why do the craziest people get all the nice things? Just look at that place. I can’t imagine what it must have cost on the London real estate market

10 Likes

So say all of us. :person_shrugging:

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#Lauren%20Southern

9 Likes
10 Likes

A public school district in Virginia held an emergency meeting of its board this past weekend as some members wanted to stifle a high school student’s queer work of art, with one board member suggesting that the work showed a lack of “respect” for others.

The work of art in question is Abby Driscoll’s “But Not Enough to Save You,” which shows hands praying with a rosary in front of several pages from the Bible, dripping with rainbow colors. The words “GOD LOVES YOU BUT NOT ENOUGH TO SAVE YOU” are written on the pages.

The piece was meant to be one of several student works of art shown in Fort Defiance High School’s spring show, which had a theme of “trauma.”

Here’s the artwork…

“I personally find it offensive,” said Augusta County School Board member Tim Simmons, who posted about it to Facebook.

He added that he cared about “students’ free speech” but also wanted to create “a culture of respect within our schools.” He did not explain what about Driscoll’s work was disrespectful.

I was curious about Tim Simmons views on respect and found this

Simmons also doesn’t think there should be any consequences for students or staff if they misgender a transgender, nonbinary or gender nonconforming student by not using their chosen pronouns.

16 Likes

This is happening where I live. It has not gotten as much press as it probably should, but the community has been overwhelmingly supportive of the student. The usual assholes trying to silence them, but most are shouting down the school board asshats. This is yet another reason why we need to be on top of every election. School boards are elected positions, and we are seeing the consequences of not paying attention. In neighboring Rockingham County, Matt Cross and his merry band of haters have defunded or reassigned all of the school counselors and behavioral assistants. Done is secret session. Why? No one is certain, I suspect because they objected to being required to out their clients, or just overall opposition to any form of mental health support. Vote like your life depends on it. Because someone’s does.

15 Likes

The artwork is great. If anything the controversy only strengthens the work and proves the point they were making, but my heart does ache for them as i’m sure they’re dealing with a level of bullshit they don’t deserve from hateful voices.

17 Likes

Telling on himself in front of billions of people?

10 Likes

“Two political consultants agreed to plead guilty to charges that they conspired with U.S. Rep. Henry Cuellar to launder more than $200,000 in bribes from a Mexican bank, according to recently unsealed court documents that show the consultants are cooperating with the Justice Department in its case against the Laredo Democrat.“

He endorsed George Bush in 2000.

11 Likes
12 Likes

Judge Judy No GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

9 Likes

“Sinclair has lost more than 70% of its market value in the last five years. The company’s market capitalization is about $975 million with an enterprise value of about $4.7 billion.“

IMG_3958

17 Likes

Wait, you mean buying up failing local news outlets in order to hobby horse conservative viewpoints isn’t profitable?

Season 5 Wow GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

17 Likes

i’ll just be blunt here:

1. target is run by cowards who capitulate to terrorists

2. target owes lgbtq people a list of the stores where they’ve decided not to offer pride merchandise—not this “unspecified number” bullshit

3. rainbow capitalism is dogshit, regardless, but halfassing it is worse

From

13 Likes