The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

She thinks JD Vance = Springfield OH. Nobody in Springfield has gone on record publically as witnessing any of this. In fact, City Hall went on record saying that they havenā€™t had any reports.

Sheā€™s also perpetuating Haitian stereotypes. This is why Democratic voters are upset. These assholes are attacking immigrants.

That 70S Show Lol GIF by IFC

16 Likes
3 Likes

Rich white woo peddler turns out to be racist.

shocked philip j fry GIF

11 Likes

Yeah, but you know, THOSE people are there, and we know that THOSE people donā€™t have the same values as us good, whiā€¦ I mean Americans!!! She meant Americans!!! /s

11 Likes
12 Likes

A woman, Sophie Toscan du Plantier, was murdered a long time ago. She was from France so they couldnā€™t just forget it. What they could do however was fuck up the investigation. The GardaĆ­ had one suspect so just made up their case. The legal system worked and he was never prosecuted because there was no case made. The only strong case there was to prosecute the police for misconduct.

The ex Taoiseach and now deputy wades in saying every part of the state failed apart from the people who actually failed.
I donā€™t know whether he did it or not, but I do know that he could never be prosecuted for it as the police made shit up non stop for years. The case against him was fatally poisoned by police incompetence, corruption, and the assumption that they could do what they liked and get a conviction.

Saying anything else is just grandstanding for an international audience who donā€™t know anything. I gave some help on research for someone working on a French book on the murder of Sophie Toscan du Plantier and they were absolutely shocked that I could have the solid unshakeable conviction (based on you know a legal education) that Bailey could never be prosecuted let alone convicted.

Lock the fucking cops up now.

13 Likes
15 Likes

One of the children reportedly has Aspergerā€™s syndrome.

ā€œ[H]e stated he wasnā€™t comfortable doing the act, but did so to keep the peace,ā€ the complaint reportedly said.

:rage:

14 Likes

Caban has now resigned. I doubt if much will change, though, until the cop calling himself mayor is thrown out of office

11 Likes
9 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

Just came to post thisā€¦

WTF!

9 Likes

Some bands broke up for a good reason.

14 Likes

Thinking of the Cocteau Twins, too. Guthrie, I think would love to do a reunion tour, but Elizabeth Fraser just wonā€™t do it, because Guthrie was such an assholes in their relationship.

He has been re-releasing videos recently, thoughā€¦

8 Likes

video in this postā€¦

14 Likes

now you got me think aboit them, too.
that made me smile.
donā€™t know anything about animosity between the artists, but i truly love their sound!

8 Likes

Guthrie and Fraser were in a relationship on top of being in the band, which is never a great idea! He was apparently a real controlling asshole, according to her. They nearly went on tour in 2005, but she just couldnā€™t do itā€¦

Still, Cocteau twins were fucking magical!

5 Likes

Yeah thatā€™s tricky. The White Stripes hit it big after Jack and Meg divorced. Coincidence? I donā€™t know, but itā€™s cool they had a successful band, that was mostly just the two of them, after their personal relationship had ended. Definitely the exception, though.

9 Likes

I guess there is also the counter-example of Low? Alan Sparhawk and Mimi Parker were together since they were kids until Parker died in 2022 (RIP!)ā€¦ They seemed a committed and loving couple, and a band that worked well together and complimented each other in song writing and performing:

But yeah, often, it can go very badā€¦

9 Likes