The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 2)

Jann Wenner, legendary founder of Rolling Stone magazine, has always been a racist, sexist ass. He decided recently that he wanted to make sure everyone still knew it.

As his venue for self-humiliation, he chose a New York Times Q&A with journalist David Marchese. Marchese asked Wenner why his new book of interviews with seminal rock figures, The Masters , consists entirely of discussions with white men. Wenner spun, spewed, and finally said “Insofar as the women, just none of them were articulate enough on this intellectual level,” and then added, “maybe I should have gone and found one Black and one woman artist to include here that didn’t measure up to that same historical standard, just to avert this kind of criticism.”

1 Like

IMG_0506

8 Likes

“I have never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure.”
 – Clarence Darrow.

8 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

1 Like

Dick dude doesn’t deny it.

4 Likes

He was probably busy playing a fiddle.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Further down that page of news roundup:

YouTube demonetises Russell Brand’s channel following sexual misconduct allegations

Alexandra White in London

© REUTERS

YouTube has suspended monetisation on Russell Brand’s channel for violating its creator responsibility policy, following sexual assault, rape and abuse allegations reported over the weekend by Channel 4 and the Sunday Times.

“If a creator’s off-platform behaviour harms our users, employees or ecosystem, we take action to protect the community,” said a YouTube spokesperson. Brand has strongly denied all of the allegations and said that his relationships were “always consensual”.

A spokesperson said YouTube’s action was consistent with how it has applied its policy in the past, citing previous decisions to suspend payments to YouTubers James Charles and David Dobrik following sexual misconduct allegations.

Brand previously said he was quitting YouTube in September 2022 after he said one of his videos was taken down for allegedly spreading Covid-19 misinformation. But his channel has since remained active.

7 Likes
1 Like

Old news but…

3 Likes
3 Likes

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Board Member responds to Jann Wenner apology letter. Devastating response.

TROY CARTER TO WENNER: "YOUR VIEWS... ARE CANCEROUS SEEDS"…-ARE-CANCEROUS-SEEDS

9 Likes

A guy who gets caught pissing in the coffee machine at work probably has the same attitude

4 Likes

Kick rocks indeed!

10 Likes

A Koch libertarian insurrection-supporting oligarch investing in a social media company. I’m sure that won’t bite somewhere down the road.

5 Likes
3 Likes
8 Likes