The Gallery of Just Plain Assholes (Part 1)

Keeping my eye on ending the GD filibuster…

cricket chirping

10 Likes

Local news guy has had enough of racist assholes…

9 Likes

Spoiler: Koch.

8 Likes

“Forum on Capitalism & the Rule of Law in the Woke Era” Seriously? :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Yup.

And by Nobel Laureate, they mean the Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel, or Fauxbel Prize.

https://trashpanda-x.github.io/darklantern/#Nobel%20Memorial%20Prize%20in%20Economic%20Sciences

(I’m going through all my Nobel tags to make sure that they point to the correct reference.)

7 Likes

It’s in Finnish
https://instagram.com/punkstoo/
seksuaalinen häirintä/ahdistelu = sexual harassment
misogynia = misogyny
henkinen/fyysinen väkivalta = mental/physical violence
raiskaus = rape

5 Likes

13 Likes

he didn’t want to perform in front of a “discriminated audience.”

Do we have any foreigners in the audience tonight? If so, please put up your hands… So where are you? Well wherever you all are, I think you should all just leave. Not just leave the hall, leave our country … I don’t want you here, in the room or in my country. Listen to me, man! I think we should send them all back. Stop Britain from becoming a black colony. Get the foreigners out. Get the ***s out. Get the ****s out. Keep Britain white …

13 Likes

Duane Allman was responsible for the great guitar work on Layla.

12 Likes

A great epitaph for Eric’s eventual tombstone don’t you think?

7 Likes
5 Likes

That Eric Clapton is racist trash is by now well known, to the point where his projection in thinking real discrimination is keeping people safe is not surprising. I’m morbidly curious what’s up with Van Morrison though, I haven’t heard much about him.

5 Likes

Ugh, I almost don’t want to know. I feel lucky that I have a decent vinyl collection (awesome thrift stores in northern Maine, dollar a pop!) so I can still listen to some old favorites secure in the knowledge that I’m in no way enriching these fuckers.

5 Likes

He is, and always was, a raging arsehole with no redeeming qualities as a person.

This is unrelated to whether his music is or was enjoyable or not. It was for me.

10 Likes

Van Morrison was actually my introduction to the concept of loving the product but finding out the artist was an asshole. Back in the late 1960’s - early 1970’s, rumors circulated that he pressured his backup singers for sex. As in, if they wanted to be his backup singers, that was a requirement of the job. At this point I have no way of knowing how true the rumors were, but they certainly sounded plausible at the time, and even more so now.

Damned fine voice. But he’s not the only Irish tenor in the world, fortunately.

11 Likes

Wasn’t there something more recent about him being a bigot as well as a sexual predator?

Or am I just thinking of Morrisey?

5 Likes

Well I don’t know whether this is true or not, but reported behaviour from him would not make me raise my eyebrows if it was. I have never heard anyone say anything positive about their encounters with him.

5 Likes

I thought he was a Covidiot?

7 Likes

I recall that too.

Yup, him too.

That’s exactly my take as well.

Oh yeah, the guy is an all-around peach of a fellow.

10 Likes

And three of these morons have covid and the right wing media machines has manufactured this into another conspiracy that they gave VP Harris covid and that’s why she went to a doctor’s appointment - but of course unlike Republicans the Democrats are covering up catching covid like the hypocrites they are :roll_eyes:

It’s so fucking easy to turn things into easy wins and yet Democrats universally seem unable to simply travel from point A to point B without accidentally steeping on every rake layed out on the lawn in front of them.

7 Likes