The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

I wanted to take the sprog to TMBG a few years ago but all ages at the theater was really 18+… plus he really doesn’t like LOUD.

4 Likes

We saw them last time they were round this way, 2009?

4 Likes

TMBG was my daughter’s first concert (she was 5). They did an afternoon family show on that tour. I have not seen them do that in a while, though.

Also… ear protection for the little one!

Who, DM or the Cure?

1 Like

DM.

2 Likes

How was it?

1 Like

I’m sure that it has nothing to do with the lyrics. I suspect it’s the monotony.

1 Like

I thought they were really good - it was a fairly early date for me and the then-future Mrs d, so of course I enjoyed it :slight_smile: She’s the bigger DM fan but twas fun.

2 Likes

I’m confused… you mean the monotony means their music has gay overtones? Or that is why Spencer likes them? Can you clarify, please?

I wasn’t being critical. I meant monotony in the strictest sense. The lyrics in many (all?) of their songs are sung in the same note, with very little variety. It’s almost like the lyrics are the bass line or drone. It gave them a very unusual and distinctive sound. Very 80’s. But I was sort of joking that Spencer is also a little monotonous, in the negative sense.

1 Like

If anyone didn’t see the Gothamist list I posted on this…

4 Likes

Oh! thanks… I wasn’t sure if you meant something esoteric or if you were referring to the music in general. Gotcha… Not sure I agree, but I grok ya!

1 Like

Well just think of a popular Depeche Mode song.

“Your own… personal… Jesus… Someone to hear your prayers. Someone who cares.”

It’s all the same note (f?), give or take up or down a single pitch. If you look at sheet music for it, the lyrics are virtually the same pitch through most of the song, with not a lot of variation. It was sort of their gimmick.

“The grabbing hands grab all they can. All for themselves. After all. It’s a competitive world. Everything counts in large amounts.”

6 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/24/world/asia/kansas-attack-possible-hate-crime-srinivas-kuchibhotla.html

Adam W. Purinton was charged on Thursday with one count of premeditated first-degree murder and two counts of attempted premeditated first-degree murder. Credit Henry County Sheriff’s Office, via Associated Press

9 Likes
13 Likes
8 Likes

Trump didn’t shoot these people.

He only encouraged this violence and crafted an environment for these assholes to come out of the woodwork, and, when given an opportunity to even address these issues, did fuck all except deny knowledge, deny responsibility, and make excuses.

14 Likes
12 Likes

We seriously have some very stupid murderous bigots in the US. I hope they find the shooter soon, and throw the book at him.

2 Likes

A follow-up to this story of a man who attacked a gay couple in Key West, telling them “You live in Trump country now”: he was arrested in North Carolina and he’s been extradited and charged with a hate crime.

Because he was a tourist he rented the scooter he was riding and gave a copy of his driver’s license to the rental company. That’s how police found him.

15 Likes

12 Likes