The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

NB to the above: this does not mean that everything is subjective and all points of view are equally true. Some things are demonstrably false. Some media falsify things more than others.

Consume with caution.

6 Likes

They don’t care how to stop it. They are avoiding any effort to stop it.

6 Likes

Sometimes I hate where I live… This is one of those times.

http://mynorthwest.com/1172831/gab-free-speech-epik/

Hmm won’t onebox anyway a Seattle area tech startup has take up the freeze peach cause…

6 Likes

Proshchay, tovarishch Robrabakher!

7 Likes

Winners. /s

6 Likes

The Irish are low IQ? Wut?

it-crowd-moss-heart-hurts

3 Likes
5 Likes

https://www.npr.org/2018/11/08/665407589/kavanaugh-accuser-christine-blasey-ford-continues-receiving-threats-lawyers-say

But poor Kavanaugh, woe is him. His life is ruined, I tell you.

13 Likes

Indeed, won’t someone please consider the poor oppressed rich white men? Oh the humanity!!!

6 Likes

Tonight’s winner for “thirstiest for profit media outlet” goes to Vice.

“From my review of the various videos of the press conference, I believe that the video tweeted by the Press Secretary is misleading but I don’t see unambiguous evidence that it has been doctored,” Farid told Motherboard via email. “A combination of a reduction in the quality of the video, a slowing-down of the video, and the particular vantage point of the CSPAN video gives the appearance that there was more contact between the reporter and the intern than there probably was. In particular, if you look at original, higher-quality videos from other vantage points you can more clearly see that while there was some contact between the reporter and intern, he did not strike her as his hand comes down.”
…
Jeff Smith, the associate director of the National Center for Media Forensics at the University of Colorado, Denver, came to a similar conclusion. Smith told Motherboard via email that he could detect duplicate frames in the White House video, which could indicate it was doctored.

“There are duplicate frames at the moment of contact; 2 additional frames for no apparent reason but one could surmise that it could give the false impression of a split second more contact then there actually was,” Smith wrote. “Otherwise, the video is not slowed down and doesn’t appear to be altered on the pixel level as many people in the twitter-verse are claiming. These many accusations also come as a result of the heavy compression and interlacing of the video.”

Turning two experts saying “the videos have been modified and edited from the original but there isn’t a smoking gun” into that headline (currently being used by Paul Watson to prove that the video clip he is claiming credit for wasn’t edited at all) is impressive.

2 Likes

Help me here, so it was “modified to appear that there was more contact than there was” but was not “doctored.” Are my English skills lacking?

4 Likes

I supposed it’s to make a distinction between editing of actualities and deepfake-style shooping. Expect more of this in this age of lies.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, the outcome will be that “who are you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes” is not an ironic statement.

3 Likes

OFFS! Those two experts agree that there are two extra frames added, but then go into vague handwaving about how they got there? Give me a break! Show me one piece of video editing software that will glitch like that without someone manually inserting them.

5 Likes

They are making it all sound so mysterious while in reality a 10 yr old with a copy of Premiere (Infowars) could accomplish similar edits in 2 secs.

How to speed up clips in Premiere Pro?

Use the Speed /Duration command

1. In the Timeline panel or Project panel, select one or more clips . Ctrl-click (Windows) or Command-click (Mac OS) clips to select a non-contiguous group of clips in the Project panel.
  2. Choose Clip > Speed /Duration or right-click over a selected clip and choose Speed /Duration. Note: …
  3. Click OK.
4 Likes
3 Likes

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, the group is “notable for its violent anti-Jewish rhetoric, its racist views and its policy allowing members of other racist groups to join NSM while remaining members of other groups. Until 2007, NSM members protested in full Nazi uniforms.”

An armed violent anti-Jewish group. (Too soon? Always!) I know that they’re attention whores, but I don’t think ignoring them will work out well.

6 Likes

WTF? The scariest part of this video is how abjectly bad some of those guys are at handling those firearms. The saddest part is that this is being allowed at all. The least surprising part is that tbey are doing this now. This is the true face of Trump supporters and they are starting to realize just how badly the election went for them and the fear and panic is beginning to set in. Look for more of this (and worse, unfortunately) over the next month’s and years.

1 Like

I have no words…

6 Likes

What’s wrong with the word “cheese”? IT’S FUCKING WISCONSIN!

3 Likes