The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

6 Likes

I have no difficulty believing kids in Jordan, MN harbor racists in their numbers. It’s a white farming town southwest of the Twin Cities. Growing up, can’t say I ever saw a non-white face around town, and I spent many weekends out there, on a farm several miles past downtown.

7 Likes

They may as well have been wearing white hoods. F’g disgusting.

6 Likes

Sounds like one of those towns that any kid with intellectual curiosity or talent leaves within a month of graduating HS, never to return except for family visits; the kind of town where those who remain there into adulthood are puzzled about why the population keeps going down, why the local economy is constantly stagnant, and why the rest of the country regards it as backwards.

11 Likes

In a nutshell, yup.

3 Likes

You left out “and blame it on dirty Mexicans”

2 Likes

Ewww… (thinking of the song by Big Black, and its subject matter)

2 Likes

Were you hoping it wasn’t a real place?

2 Likes

I figured it was real, but that I’d never have any reason to hear of it again.

1 Like
5 Likes

Yet, if you’ve ever been to the MN Ren Fest, you were only a stone’s throw away.

1 Like

"Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) has formally requested that the FBI investigate whether Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen lied under oath when she told Congress in December 2018, “We’ve never had a policy for family separation.”

Man, this year is going to be one long series of investigations.

10 Likes

Constitutionally, it’s okay to force convicted criminals to work.

However, is it legal to force refugee claimants to work? (No matter how dressed up as voluntary with “company town” gimmicks.)

6 Likes

Hate group bigots Center for Immigration Studies sues Southern Poverty Law Center for calling them a hate group, doubling-down with RICO.

6 Likes

Has suing SPLC ever worked? :thinking:

1 Like

And yet another year of really necessary shit not getting done by the federal government.

6 Likes

It’s rare, but it happens.

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2018/06/18/splc-statement-regarding-maajid-nawaz-and-quilliam-foundation

10 Likes

Where the fuck did dude get that crazy-ass idea from?

10 Likes

Jeff Jacoby

It’s better than it was, so poof! largely non-racist.

5 Likes