The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

It’s a radio show he was just joking /s

6 Likes
13 Likes
2 Likes

I guess it is possible to get so far out that even Fox cannot support you. Not sure that is actually a good thing, but DAMN, Jeanine!

10 Likes

The situation in Venezuela is pretty insane. On top of the non-stop crime wave with nightly looting and kidnappings and shootings, a huge chunk of the country has had no power for four days. A friend of mine was kidnapped, raped, and stabbed last week while getting milk, and his uncle died last night because there’s no electricity to run his dialysis equipment. Along with many others, he’s fleeing the country via Colombia.

9 Likes

You have Muslims working at the same network you do, including myself.

Now there’s a thankless task.

5 Likes

Terrifying and horrific. Just awful.

5 Likes

Hey Pirro! If that’s so, tichels and sheitels must be antithetical, too.

ETA - And tell that to Rachel Freier, too. /s

4 Likes

A short satire of these jerks and their enablers:

4 Likes

She really low-balled them there at the end. She could’ve gotten away with asking for $20,002,000.

I have to make jokes because otherwise it feels like I just relived the last few phone conversations with my mom, who has to put up with the only-slightly-less-exaggerated version of this on a daily basis.

3 Likes

Wait… I thought these guys hated the idea of safe spaces…

8 Likes

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/11/702264118/netanyahu-says-israel-is-nation-state-of-the-jewish-people-and-them-alone

But criticism of this position will be interpreted as antisemitic.

10 Likes
9 Likes

Criticism will also be interpreted as anti-Zionist, even though the original conception of the State of Israel didn’t necessarily jibe with Bibi’s vision of an exclusionary ethnostate. “Safe for Jews in an anti-Semitic world”, yes, but not only for Jews.

Now watch him let his religious fundie allies decide who exactly is a Jew and who isn’t as he struggles to hold onto power in the face of the corruption charges.

Between this and Tucker Carlson and Pirro, it sounds like Uncle Rupert put out a memo last week saying “let your fascist flags fly and let’s see how far we can push things.”

10 Likes

Well, that’s not gonna end up being a useful tool for trollies and button pushers who like to get under peoples’ skin.

6 Likes

More on this idiocy:

And being the incompetent clowns that they are, this notice has been at the top of their hosting service’s home page for at least two days:

We’re sorry! Our 63red Safe app is experiencing heavy traffic right now, and may not load correctly. Please be patient while we work to correct this. Thank you!

“Conservative tools” is a more accurate description than they knew.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/haircut_hippie/status/1105090478842761216?s=21

https://twitter.com/haircut_hippie/status/1105090789250605061?s=21

6 Likes

It’s a problematic article, with Frum trying to pull up the ladder he climbed and hoping no-one will notice. I don’t quite agree with haircut_hippie’s assessment, but the bit he’s referring to is close enough:

With immigration pressures bound to increase, it becomes more imperative than ever to restore the high value of national citizenship, not to denigrate or disparage others but because for many of your fellow citizens—perhaps less affluent, educated, and successful than you—the claim “I am a U.S. citizen” is the only claim they have to any resources or protection. Without immigration restrictions, there are no national borders. Without national borders, there are no nation-states. Without nation-states, there are no electorates. Without electorates, there is no democracy. If liberals insist that only fascists will enforce borders, then voters will hire fascists to do the job liberals refuse to do.

The point Frum deliberately misses is that valuing one’s U.S. citizenship (i.e. showing allegiance to the Constitution) is supposed to be at odds with electing authoritarian demagogues and fascists. If a member of the Know-Nothing 27% (or of Karen Stenner’s 33%, per Frum’s article) is insulted when that fact is pointed out to him after he votes for a right-wing populist, that’s not the fault of the bad ol’ educated and successful liberal who opposes fascism. One doesn’t need to be an advocate of totally open borders (a straw man 99% of the time it’s evoked) to understand this.

5 Likes

Frum misses quite a few points.

Thread:

7 Likes

Meanwhile, the regime is cutting instead of enhancing paths to legal citizenship:

5 Likes