The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

There’s no chance he would have been there to begin with. Fast food Mexican is basically fast food, and only incidentally Mexican. Real Mexican food, on the other hand, would require someone who appreciated the cuisine and the culture it came from.

2 Likes

This isn’t even fast food. It’s Pepe’s, which is basically a bar that serves mediocre Mexican food. I’ve been in one once or twice. If you haven’t been there, you’re not missing much. He was probably there to get shit-faced, and judging from his speech patterns, he got what he came for.

At any rate, I don’t expect him to be making a reservation at Topolobampo any time soon.

3 Likes

Misogyny is usually the first stop along that ugly road.

3 Likes

I mean, Bannon always looks like that… but what’s up with Kushner? Is he sitting too close to Bannon?

4 Likes

Good lord, can we get bell hooks on that to write a book!

6 Likes

The Restaurant was Pepe’s he thought it would be a Safe Space. Poor snowflake.

6 Likes

Crazies are out of the bottle

The office of Rep. Claudia Tenney (R-N.Y.) received a threatening email with the subject line “One down, 216 to go…,” shortly after a shooter opened fire on GOP lawmakers who were at a congressional baseball practice, according to her office.

The person who sent the email then wrote in the body of the email, “Did you NOT expect this?”

"Did you NOT expect this? When you take away ordinary peoples very lives in order to pay off the wealthiest among us, your own lives are forfeit. Certainly, your souls and morality were lost long before. Good riddance,” the email said. -TheHill

2 Likes

Theoretically, they have a point. The problem lies in killing people to make that point.

9 Likes

Besides the ethical issue, there’s also an ineffectiveness problem. The current Congressional GOP slimeballs can be easily replaced by their equally vile deputies.

The problem is the party, not just the people currently at the top. Look down from the federal level to the state and local GOPpers and they get more extreme, not less.

5 Likes

That’s why I always say, vote in state and local elections.

A lot of these people have no business even being elected dogcatcher, but like five people vote in the state and local contests, and they’re 80-year-old reactionaries, and besides, they just voted for whomever had the most and prettiest lawn signs. More people need to vote in these contests, and a more diverse group of people needs to vote, and they need to pay attention to the issues. It’s kinda important.

6 Likes

Agreed…but I think it’s important to remember that the problem ain’t just “lazy” voters.

For the red-state working class, working multiple jobs to survive on ludicrously low wages, in places with six-hour voting queues, who…

1. Can’t afford to take the time off.
  2. Risk getting sacked if they even ask for time off.
  3. Face harassment and intimidation if they try to vote.
  4. Will almost certainly still see local GOP majorities in their legislatures due to gerrymandering etc.
  5. Even if a miracle happens and they win, all they get in return is a crooked DINO scumbag like Manchin.

…you can understand their lack of motivation to vote.

7 Likes

In Virginia there is the option of early voting. All one has to do is come in and fill out a form saying that your commute and work hours interfere with your ability to vote on the particular day. With this weeks primary folks could vote on Saturday. No lines. No hassle. Plenty of parking.

I’ve never seen harassment and intimidation at a polling place. (Although, I did flip off a table of republicans on the way in to vote in the presidential election. I was emotional.)

I don’t know why we don’t have a federal voting holiday like they do in other places.

In the smaller elections, I think the problem is largely voter apathy. I’ve never heard of voter suppression in a school board election. Not to minimize voter suppression, because voter suppression does exist, and it can be a huge problem. I just don’t think it really happens for local elections to the extent that it happens for the big races.

I don’t want to be That Guy and say “if you don’t like it, vote”, but everyone who is able to vote in the smaller races should vote. Not only is it an important opportunity to screen out the extremists, but state and local politicians actually listen to their constituents. Everyone who is able to participate in this process should do so.

1 Like

Work plus commute have to total more than eleven hours for that, according to Virginia Department of Elections - Absentee and Early Voting

The GOP clamped down on early voting after the African-American community used it to evade voter suppression in Obama’s reelection, and they’re still in the process of ramping that up.

2 Likes

Working and/or commuting more than 11 hours is not exactly hard to meet, especially when you throw in commute times. Speaking for myself, I leave for work by 8am at the very latest, and get home around 7pm every day. That’s 11 hours right there, and that’s if I sleep in. I’m hardly alone in this either. The working poor generally work long hours, and rely on public transportation which is often very slow.

2 Likes

In Oregon, we have 100% mail-in voting.

The only drawback are the rare cases where a candidate does something awful just before the election. Like slam a reporter into the ground.

10 Likes
7 Likes

There’s a lot of demonization going on. Real demons, oh yes!

7 Likes

Okay, I won’t pray for him. Happy now?

6 Likes

EXCELLENT POINT!

Remember the old rosy-neck-man who sucker punched that guy as he was being led out of TrumpWorld. Afterwards, in a brief interview, the rosy-neck man said: “next time I will kill.” You could tell he meant it.

1 Like