The Gallery of Trump-Inspired Assholes (Part 1)

5 Likes

Aww did the precious snowflake have her feefees hurt.

10 Likes

I look at the comments in threads like this from Reddit, and I can’t reconcile the dichotomy. It’s like we’re from completely different planets. How will we ever get together when we’re so far apart?

4 Likes

DS9-sisko-nah

6 Likes

Can whomever wrote that please remove their head from their ass and rejoin the actual reality that the rest of us live in?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Him: In the wrong seat and wouldn’t move, blocking the aisle, making racist jerk complaints.
Her: Sitting in an airplane seat while black.

Yeah, I can see why they kicked her (and her family, oops) off the plane rather than him.

Because it’s United.

He who smelt it, dealt it.

4 Likes

When will these assholes realize that they are in the minority?

4 Likes

Ugh, thats ugly.

But for once it ends fairly well.

3 Likes

When they quit watching Faux News?

5 Likes

euthanasia

7 Likes

Nice work, GOP, you’ve got yourselves another bonified Nazi running with your party’s affiliation.

3 Likes

The Devil went down to Georgia…and ran for Governor.

Turn on the CC in the video and the narrative changes slightly. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Also:

2 Likes

Unlike Trump, Doug Ford doesn’t publicly double-down on the really stupid stuff.

3 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-cambridge-analytica/ex-trump-aide-bannon-promoted-culture-war-cambridge-analytica-whistleblower-idUSKCN1IH36S

Another witness who testified to the judiciary committee, Tufts University associate professor Eitan Hersh, said he was “skeptical” of the effectiveness that such political messaging and targeting. “No person is persuadable all the time,” he said.

I’ve heard that argument before, about cult programming, from Professor Eileen Barker in apologia for the Moonies; that at any point someone could “snap out of it” and they’d be out. I think where that argument breaks down is in the statistics of mass numbers, sunk cost, and bubble reinforcement.

You don’t have to be successful recruiting everyone with your message, just a fraction, and even if you don’t recruit them, if you shift their views over a bit, you might catch them the next time around.

Once someone commits, red-pilled or whatever, then there’s a sunk cost if they later change their mind, realize the flaws, untangle themselves, and be forced to accept that they were an idiot. It takes more effort to get them over that hump the larger the sunk cost involved.

Bubble reinforcement is when they cut ties from people or news sources that they now disagree with, and plug into the echo chamber of people with the same or more extreme views. They’re less likely to encounter anything that will cut through the cognitive dissonance. Usually it takes something major that happens to them directly, rather than even to friends or relatives. (People are funny that way.)

6 Likes
2 Likes

“These aren’t people. These are animals.”

= “I Put on My Robe and Wizard Hat”

8 Likes

“When you refer to people as cockroaches, that’s a mandate for murder; let’s be clear about that”.

9 Likes

“Where rats appear, they bring ruin by destroying mankind’s goods and foodstuffs. In this way, they spread disease, plague, leprosy, typhoid fever, cholera, dysentery, and so on. They are cunning, cowardly and cruel and are found mostly in large packs. Among the animals, they represent the rudiment of an insidious, underground destruction – just like the Jews among human beings.” — The Eternal Jew (Nazi propaganda film)

6 Likes