The genius of Cuphead

Originally published at: The genius of Cuphead | Boing Boing

5 Likes

My only problem with the game is I don’t have the patience I did as a kid to play incredibly difficult and frustrating games like MegaMan or BattleToads where I die and start over about a million times.

14 Likes

Same. Bought the game, love the graphics and concept, but never got past the first few levels because I don’t enjoy dying endlessly and starting over again and again and again.

12 Likes

If you generally enjoy platformers, specifically their harder variety, but not the restarting of whole levels: did you play Celeste?

They basically solved this problem by making you restart only the current screen.

4 Likes

That’s me and Inside

3 Likes

Oh man, Inside is soo good! The very last portion of that game is soo WTF that I giggled all the way through it. Hands down, one of my favorite gaming experiences of all time.

4 Likes

Didn’t even buy the game, just knew it was going to be too frustrating and time consuming. Love the art, just looked too much like a bullet storm.

2 Likes

I love games like that and maybe more importantly I have the time. I get into a nice ADD groove and can do it for hours.
Also obligatory:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.